PDA

View Full Version : Hate being indecisive!

83Esprit
04-13-2002, 01:14 PM
Good Day Everyone,

Well after continuing to read through all these posts I think I am just going to mix the Klasse AIO with the Zaino Z-5, let it sit overnight, and apply it. Then follow up with Z-6... just kidding!!!! I know I read a post somewhere that spelled out the bare minimum work and materials in using Zaino, but now I can`t find it. Can someone help me out. Is the order of application with bare minimum materials:

1. Dawn (to remove old wax buildup)

2. Z-1 (to ready the surface)

3. Z-2 (the polymer wax)

Optional:

Z-5 (swirl remover)

Z-6 (wax enhancer)

Z-7 (for washes)

Let me know if I am missing anything essential. Why can`t I use use a wax topping like Klasse on the Zaino? I like Zymol Car Wash, can I use this in place of Z-7?

Thanks,

Kelly

JasonC8301
04-13-2002, 01:29 PM
Bare minimum for a perfect paint surface is,

Dawn wash

Z-1 and then Z-2

Optional but these products were designed to work as a system

Z-5 for micro marring (swirls in Zaino)

Z-6 QD

Z-7 Wash

You may use the Zymol Wash, but Klasse is a polymer sealant like Zaino, not a wax.

Most people do not top Zaino or Klasse with wax because they would rather add a coat of Z-2/Z-5 or Klasse SG. This is because of protection offered by these sealants. The waxes we most commonly use on the forum is One Grand Blitz, Pinnacle, P21S, and sometimes Meguiars #26. Zaino also says NOT to add a coat of wax on top of Zaino because it can compromise the zaino itself.

If you want to have the protection of a sealant yet want to wax, go with Klasse.

Jason

EDIT: Or just get both and see which one you like. Can`t be indecisive when you get all the choices and give them a try :)

JonB
04-13-2002, 01:51 PM
Do yourself a favor and skip Z1 by using ZFX. You will also be able to throw a couple of coats on in one day.....

H