PDA

View Full Version : "Help Please" (hand raised)

83Esprit
04-13-2002, 09:13 AM
Ok. I have searched this forum and gathered all kinds of great information. You guys are really knowledgeable, if not nuts about car maintenance. Based on the majority of posts/opinions I have read: Klasse or Zaino seem like the best way to go.
My primary goal is to simply add exterior protection to my vehicle (2002 Sonata) to help it survive against all the wonderful damage that awaits on the road and in the sky. The shine or look is important, but secondary.
I plan on washing weekly or twice a month depending on what is needed. I also am looking to only have to put on at most 3 applications a year of whatever sealant I go with.
So for: protection, <strong class=`bbc`>ease of use[/b] , durability, and shine what would be my best bet? (Klasse I am assuming)

P.S. I don`t love the smell of polymers in the morning and am rather simple minded.

Thanks,
Kelly

boywonder
04-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Personally, I have used Klasse with great success. For me, it is very easy to apply and very easy to remove (as long as you apply it above 50 degrees). Plus, if you want additional depth to your shine from the sealant glaze, you can always top it with a carnuba wax like Meguiar`s #26, One Grand Blitz, P21S, or, my personal fave, Pinnacle Souveran. :D

Bobby G
04-13-2002, 10:18 AM
Kelly,

Welcome to Autopia!

The big difference between the Klasse and Zaino products is that Klasse is a one-step product and Zaino is a multi-step product. Like all one-step products, Klasse All-In-One contains paint cleaners. The Zaino product does not use cleaners; you must clean prior to using Zaino. Most Zaino users clean/prep their paint with Dawn and paint cleaning clay. Also, prior to applying a Zaino polish (Z2, 3 or 5) you must apply Z1, a polish lock/primer product.

I think Zaino is a great product, but if you`re looking for ease-of-use, Klasse All-In-One may be a better way to go. If you`re thinking of using the complete Klasse system (AIO and Sealant Glaze), then Zaino is no more work, and you should compare the two products based on their merits.

db

JonB
04-13-2002, 02:04 PM
First I would say that if you use ZFX, you can skip Z1 and make the Zaino that much easier. I agree that if you are going to only use AIO, that Klasse is easier. But to get the full effect of Klasse, a couple of layers of SG is usually necessary. As for prep work, clay is used for both Klasse and Zaino. The only other prep work is polishing out swirls (or worse). AIO can polish very minor swirls, otherwise a more intensive polishing step is needed as with Zaino also. Z5 can handle very minor swirls too, but polishing is always the best way to start a sealant job.

So up through the application part, they are pretty much equal. Zaino is definitely easier to remove. So IMHO, the Z system is slightly easier.....

The look is pretty similar as well until you add a topper to Klasse which adds depth. Toppers are not recommended for Zaino.

H

YoSteve
04-13-2002, 07:14 PM
at 3 times a year for either product would do fine

As David said, AIO would work for you just great.

Ken B
04-15-2002, 12:32 PM
How about NU Finish?... I believe some people on this board use it as a "low end" good quality protectant

Please do not take this advice until confirmed by others... I have NOT used NU Finish. (read my sig)

:cool: