PDA

View Full Version : California Water Blade

Pages : [1] 2

skottsmith@sbcglobal.net
04-12-2002, 09:01 PM
I was curious how many forum members are using a California water blade and what is your opinion of them.

Bill;) ;)

JasonC8301
04-12-2002, 09:03 PM
I personally have 2.

I like them, gets most of the water off the car, a follow up with a towel and the car is almost dry. Just those darn nooks and crannies that are hard to/impossible to get without a leaf blower.

Its also a double edges sword. I swipe the T part (touches the paint) after every swipe or so. Keeps the blade clean and minimizes the chances of scratching.

Jason

MikeLS
04-12-2002, 09:14 PM
I`ve used one for a couple years now and I find it`s a great product! It works best on the flat surfaces as the water is quickly eliminated. I`ve never noticed any scratching from it, so I`ll keep using it, and it`s brother the CCD. I also use an Absorber for the spots that need blotting, and I think that combo is very safe and effective...

:xyxthumbs

imported_Intel486
04-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Here`s what I think of it.

http://theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/031502/waterb.JPG

Bobby G
04-13-2002, 10:00 AM
Say what you will, but I`ve never had a problem with the CWB, and I have been using it for many years. I use it on my black 911 with NO problems. Love it, love it, love it! However, it`s not a tool for morons. You do need to take car of it, and you should wipe the edge with every pass.

db

P.S. Love the pic and humor, Intel486!

imported_JeffBruce
04-13-2002, 10:21 AM
I have one used it..and no problems ..but am worried it will scratch....I have big blue towel from CMA and it is great...

I use the water blade on the company vechicle and BB on wify;s

jeff

do a search there are many opinons on this C-Blade

imported_Intel486
04-13-2002, 04:53 PM
I have to admit. The two cars I detailed today I did use the waterblade on simply for speed. Using a pressure washer and going for speed I didn`t have time to sheet the water off so the Blade was the best way to go.

Caldy
04-15-2002, 05:33 PM
Blower is faster and gets cracks and nooks and nannies. I dont know how safe the water blade is also so i dont know i just feel the blower is safest and most effective

Jngrbrdman
04-15-2002, 05:48 PM
I`ve been using it for years. I would imagine that if you use it improperly (like with everything) then it can do damage. If you use it properly then it is as safe as microfiber. A leaf blower isn`t quite as portable as the CWB anyway. ;)

aorbeta
04-17-2002, 10:49 AM
im very surprised with CWB! i use it on my 01 BMW and have yet to discover that it had left scratches...not a bad product to say the least....:bounce

mikenomad57@hotmail.com
04-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Just make SURE there is nothing embedded in the blade...or when you swipe it across nothing gets lodged into it.

I love the blade, but once something bad happened. Something got into it, and when I went acrross the hood with it, I was wreching in pain, cringing like a madman. It left huge deep scratches across the hood on my car that was only a few months old.

It looks fine now though.

gtivrx
04-17-2002, 01:24 PM
I have used my CWB for about two years without any problems that I am aware of.

boywonder
04-17-2002, 03:04 PM
......and I have no problems. :D

JimO
04-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Wow, last year when I started on Autopia, a lot of members suggested NOT using the CWB. Now, this thread is showing full support. Anyways, when I did use the CWB, I did not see any scratches at all. I guess I`ll go back to using it as others have shown their OK for the CWB.

vettefan67
04-17-2002, 10:11 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by olivher [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Wow, last year when I started on Autopia, a lot of members suggested NOT using the CWB. Now, this thread is showing full support. Anyways, when I did use the CWB, I did not see any scratches at all. I guess I`ll go back to using it as others have shown their OK for the CWB. [/b]</blockquote>I will NOT use the CWB on my car. If I had one I`d use it for windows for sure but that`s it!