PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Mothers...

KSCobra46
04-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Sealer Glaze?

I bought a bottle because I wanted a sealer for the wifes car and could not find anything else locally. I applied it a few weeks ago and topped it with #26. It shined and seems to have decent endurance. The thing I am trying to figure out is if it is causing dust to collect on the car or if I`m just not used to the Kansas spring wind after living in South Tx for the past 2 years. Your opinions are greatly appreciated! :)

imported_Dude
04-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Are you referring to their "Reflections" product? I have never used it, but I have heard very good things about it. I am contemplating using it on my father-in-law`s car, and possibly my wife`s as well.

Solaria
04-12-2002, 12:26 PM
Most Mothers products suck. I realy don`t like any of their waxes or polish. They leave tons and tons of white powdery residue when you buff it off. It is also hard to remove. Their QD on a black car streaks. The only product I care for is their dressing, which is very well made. Last about 3-4 weeks.

KSCobra46
04-12-2002, 12:59 PM
The product I used is not from thier "Reflection" series, it the #2 step of the 3 step cleaner/sealer glaze/wax product line. It did have alot of white powdery residue when I removed it. I also use their Back to Black and get good results from it. Just curious of what others thought of the sealer glaze.

imported_capspackle
04-12-2002, 01:20 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by KSCobra46 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`> I also use their Back to Black and get good results from it. Just curious of what others thought of the sealer glaze. [/b]</blockquote>
You use Mothers Back to Black:scared
hehe..
and you has good results? :eek:

Well, i, as well as most people here, have found Back to Black to look nice when applied. After the first wash that "nice look" is quickly washed away.. literally.. it absolutely has NO durability. If you want it to shine, i suggest 303, or use some Forever Black is the color is faded, and follow with 303 to protect from fading.

KSCobra46
04-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Unlike some on the board I realize that nothing is forever...;) That said yes the back to black does wash away easily, but I can buy it locally which I prefer. That`s also why I use primarily Meguiars products because I get it as soon as I lay down the $$. Someday I will try some other products but I do okay for the time being.

Can I purchase 303 over the counter somewhere?

imported_capspackle
04-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Someone stated that 303 can now be purchased at True Value Hardware stores..

And regarding buying products.. why not buy from CmA, and have it shipped Next Day or Second Day.. sure it costs $20, but you get great products which last long and look great.. i.e Souveran, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, 303 (if you can`t gfet it) MF towels.. want me to go on? ;)

KSCobra46
04-12-2002, 01:51 PM
I`m still waiting on thier catalog. I know they have an online and when I do finally order from them (once some of my current stash is depleted) I will order online. I plan to try some Klasse and OGBW plus I will order some of the ods and ends I cannot get here. I simply want to look at the catalog first incase I am missing something online. It`s also easier to keep the wife from flipping out if I can purchase product in bits and pieces locally...oh well I guess I am still a rookie Autopian! :D

imported_capspackle
04-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Their catalog does not have all products which they actually carry. You are much better off looking through their website than their catalog.

forrest@mothers
04-12-2002, 03:54 PM
KS - Sealer and Glaze is a filler type product that is for shine, but doesn`t offer anything in the way of protection. Since you topped it with MG #26 for protection, if you`re getting dust (which is common with carnauba based products), it`s from the #26 since that`s what`s exposed to the environment.

Dude - Reflections is a synthetic (resin based) product that offers good durability with the ease of removal like synthetics have. Shine is quite good on it.

Hope this helps.

KSCobra46
04-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Forrest- Good point. I guess I was comparing my wifes metallic green SHO with my white Cobra :rolleyes: The dust has to be from the daily 20-40 mph winds we get this time of year. As I said I just moved back from south TX and the wind never blew. Oh well, the car is washable and it rained some this week so the car should remain dust free for a couple days at least. Now it`s time to go detail the Cobra. BTW how is the durability of the sealer glaze?

forrest@mothers
04-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Sealer and Glaze will last a long time sitting in the garage under a cover, but out in the real world, if you get a week you`ll be lucky.

That`s why you put the carnauba topper over it.

I`ve yet to find a glaze that`ll last beyond a wash or 2. On our toys, we don`t use any wax product at all - just the glaze. On garage kept toys, there`s no reason to put a wax on the paint, in my opinion, since you only want gloss, not protection.

Used in that context, glazes are great.

imported_JeffBruce
04-12-2002, 07:41 PM
was at my local true value and no 303....when used correctly 303 is great...it was suggested here to use it on tires too....it works great....i now have to get rid of my meguiars endurance

imported_killerjg
04-13-2002, 10:33 PM
303 -- others have mentioned Boating/Marine type stores.