PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Marring

jw
04-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Has anyone experienced the marring that has been associated with zaino when using klasse? Some people have said that zaino actually shows your swirls more? Does the same hold true for klasse.

Which has a better shine Klasse or Zaino.

YoSteve
04-11-2002, 11:27 PM
Again, it`s difficult to use adjectives describe what one is seeing.

Klasse has been known to fill in swirls (after layering) who was it that showed before and after pics of his door handle pocket and it looked AWESOME.

As with both K and Z prep is the key. But I don`t think Klasse will accentuate swirls. I`m curious as to what other Klassers say. Some report a deepening or darkening of color with Klasse and that helps to make swirls less visible.

The better shine is subjective to the person. "Shine is in the eye of the beholder!", hehe. One really has to see BOTH in order to make a final decision. For this reason, I`ve been now asking people how they prefer to wax (their wax habits), cause it`s difficult for an individual to determine which they like better by pictures alone so they might as well pic one that fits their function.

vettefan67
04-11-2002, 11:30 PM
I`m with Steve here. I don`t think Klasse amplifies swirls in any way, I found it to greatly diminish them after a few coats.

With Zaino, it`s hard to say. I give the edge to Klasse for swirl filling.

Which shine is better? "Better" is extremely subjective. If you want extreme reflectivity go with Zaino. If you like a wetter, deeper shine give Klasse + carnauba a try. I like both systems :up

Steve, stop editing your posts after I hit reply! :p

imported_Intermezzo
04-12-2002, 03:50 AM
Klasse contains oils and silicone in addition to its polymers. Hence, it doesn`t accentuate swirls the way Zaino does. This would also explain the way it darkens your paint when multiple layers are applied.

As for marring, an SG`d car feels soft and smooth. When softly rubbing a cotton towel on an SG`d car, I noticed it marred easier than a car with Zaino on it.

Preachers Sheets
04-12-2002, 07:44 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>This might cause a bit of a stir, but Klasse contains oils and silicone in addition to its polymers. Hence, it doesn`t accentuate swirls the way Zaino does. This would also explain the way it darkens your paint when multiple layers are applied.[/b]</blockquote>
Really? That`s odd because when I use Klasse and wash my car two or three times I don`t see any swirl marks. Shouldn`t the fillers be removed after a few washes to reveal swirls?

Correct me if I am wrong but the Zaino product line is 100% non-abrasive, so how would Zaino take care of swirls more efficiently than Klasse? At least Klasse has the All In One which can help a little.

JW - Are you talking about marring within the sealent itself? Like you get swirl marks in the sealent but now the clear coat? This can happen and if you ask me, it`s not a bad thing. Think of it, when you wash, qd or whatever it may be chances are you may induce swirls, I rather have them in my sealent than my clearcoat. Why? Well since I layer my sealent so often the next layer will fill the swirls, if the swirls were in my clearcoat I would need to use an abrasive polish to correct them.

Sealents will mar if thats what your asking, just apply another layer of sealent to give that shine a little boost and you`ll be fixing the swirls at the same time.

imported_Intermezzo
04-12-2002, 09:52 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Really? That`s odd because when I use Klasse and wash my car two or three times I don`t see any swirl marks. Shouldn`t the fillers be removed after a few washes to reveal swirls?[/b]</blockquote>Joed,

I didn`t say Klasse wasn`t durable. A few washes aren`t going to do much to an SG coat. And it doesn`t rely on oils to fill in swirls. All I meant to say is that I believe it does contain some oils and silicones which is why you get that terrific `deepening` effect with SG, instead of a glossy coat that highlights swirls. Don`t mean to make my original post sound like a knock on the product because I`m a strong believer in Klasse.

<strong class=`bbc`>Correct me if I am wrong but the Zaino product line is 100% non-abrasive, so how would Zaino take care of swirls more efficiently than Klasse?[/b]</blockquote>
Neither Zaino Z-5 nor Klasse SG rely on abrasives to take care of swirls. They fill them.

<strong class=`bbc`>At least Klasse has the All In One which can help a little.[/b]</blockquote>Yup, AIO does a surprisingly good job at removing swirls.

04-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Really? You got AIO to remove swirls. Please fill me in how u did this. I did AIO by hand and it didnt even touch the swirls, even the few i have on my new Lexus:scared .

imported_Intermezzo
04-12-2002, 11:09 AM
I normally use a Viking Heavy Duty applicator and really work it into the paint until most of the AIO is gone. Instead of doing an entire panel at a time, do smaller 2`x2` sections. It does a pretty good job with <strong class=`bbc`>light[/b] swirls.