PDA

View Full Version : How to clean off the Pollen spot ??

Derek_M3
04-10-2002, 11:53 PM
After washed my car and found some pollen spot on the hood. It`s about the size of a sesame and brown color.

First, I use Clay Bar and the pollen spot did turn to a light brown color... try the Clay Bar couple more times, nothing change...

Second, try to use Vinegar (1 Vinegar: 10 Water) and see if it can clean off the spot... no luck.

When I touch the pollen spot on the hood, I feel like they are INSIDE the clear coat ?? Will that be possible the pollen decomposed inside the clear coat or paint when the hood was hot.. ?? I hope not.

Only 2 weeks haven`t wash my car and it was rain 3 days sun 1 day... I hate Spring, especially the Spring in TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Derek

rockafella
04-11-2002, 07:20 PM
You may want to try buffing it with a little SMR first and if that doesn`t help move to FI-II followed by SMR. Last you may have to use a little fine grit rubbing compound if either FI-II or SMR won`t do the job....

imported_Dude
04-11-2002, 08:22 PM
A bug and tar remover might also help. You can get them just about anywhere. I have used Meguiar`s Gold Class bug and tar remover with good results, but I think they are all more or less the same. Any reputable brand should be fine.

Caldy
04-15-2002, 12:00 PM
It is to powerful of a product for most things but it will work for pollen. But dont leave the special touch on without following up with glaze and wax