PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate the most about Detailing?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Redcar GUY
04-10-2002, 08:51 PM
I am in the garage now washing the Satty and I think that the part I HATE the most is puting the hose away! I hate it! BLA!!!! I thik that I will invest in a hose reel mabe one the winds its self back up? Now I have one that you reel up manualy and I just hate it!!!!!!!!

2nd pace go`s to doing windows;)

How bout you>?

Chuckmotor
04-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Getting that darned vacuum cleaner and extension cord out and the back in is a pain. I wash more than I vacuum.

imported_JeffBruce
04-10-2002, 08:59 PM
1. Being "stupied" droping MF or wash mitt...or polishing pad on ground..

2. Drying the car..then accidentally spraying it.....

3. Windows the corners in the back window

4. Not finsihing what i had planned....

5. WATER BANS by local governments

6. Placing an order, then next day you think of another must have item...

7.Seeing your cars pictures on this site and mine isn`t even close to being that good!

Chuckmotor
04-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I agree about the back windows, but also windows as a whole bother me. If the sun hits them right, every little scratch, streak, piece of lint, etc. is the focus of the attention when inside the car. Window cleaning can be a pain!

Steve @ Guru
04-10-2002, 09:15 PM
letting the wife drive the vehicle right afterwards.

Brad B
04-10-2002, 09:20 PM
<strong class=`bbc`>The eternal license plate drip on the back of the Audi S4. [/b]After I wash the car, no matter how well I dry. No matter what I do. I can blow it out. I can drive it around. I can meditate and chant. It doesn`t matter. For an hour after I wash the car, drips will come out of the rear license plate light/trunk area and drip down the bumper spoiling the back end. Grrrr!
http://fototime.com/FE6C01AF0A7776D/standard.jpg

rstype
04-10-2002, 09:20 PM
1) <strong class=`bbc`>Drying-[/b] I hate drying! The doorjambs, mirrors, lights, gas-tank cap, exhaust tips, and gaps between body panels seem to hold an unlimited amount of water. Drying is also the most time consuming for me… once I think the car is dried, more water somehow rolls onto the paint.

2.) <strong class=`bbc`>Windows-[/b] Dirty windows stand out on a clean car, and my windows never seem to be spotlessly clean. No matter what towel or glass cleaner I use, I get streaks and leave oily marks and lint on the glass… especially the windshield.

3.) <strong class=`bbc`>Roof-[/b] I am a relatively short person, and doing anything on the roof is a pain for me. I often forget to wax or polish the roof, too, so don’t be surprised if my clayed and Souveran`d rocker panels and bumpers are cleaner than the roof.

That’s about it, I think…

<strong class=`bbc`>[/b] Brad, same here! The top of my rear bumper always has these watermarks from the license plate and the gaps between the trunk and the bumper. I might as well remove it every single time I dry... it needs some PPCL I think... <strong class=`bbc`>[/b]

smfrycruzr
04-10-2002, 09:22 PM
drying has to be my biggest complaint. Just feels wrong...can`t the darn water just run off and not spot or streak?

imported_Intel486
04-10-2002, 09:54 PM
drying

and wheels and tires! Ghaaa, I need to get something to sit on when I do them. Plus your hands get covered with road grime.

Windows. We need a new invention. Non streaking windows!

imported_maesal
04-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Just dumb stuff, like starting to dry the car, and realizing that I forgot the pop up and clean the headlights (retractable).

And like brad, I always get that trickle of water coming from behind my driver taillight, and the side mirrors.

Redcar GUY
04-10-2002, 10:13 PM
if you dont hate doing windows, buy a a camaro and you will. Just the front window is over 4 feet tall or should I say deep, and over five feet wide:eek: ..........and dont even start me on the back window..............:mad:

dlw
04-10-2002, 10:16 PM
My wife asking "How come you never do that to my car?" Sorry, I don`t do Dodge minivans, ever. Closest thing to riding down the street in a bowl of oatmeal.

Malibu
04-10-2002, 10:20 PM
The black trim. The Explorer has a TON of it and takes me at least an hour to do. :down

Mike

imported_StyleTEG
04-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Having a car that is low to the ground making it hard to clean the undercarriage, while still being able to easily see how dirty it is while walking up my steep driveway :(

gonzo5584
04-11-2002, 12:23 AM
I guess I hate doing the wheels most. Those front disc brakes cut me no slack. The interior windows (especially the back) are a close second, though.