PDA

View Full Version : I was a man with a plan...

ultrajim49
04-10-2002, 01:53 AM
and I succeeded (IMHO)

before you`ll start looking for pictures,they will be posted in a few days

This was my first complete detail ever , and I used Zaino, as a reminder, the car was 1 year old and pretty swirled up by the dealer(bought it second hand).

First I washed with a dishwashing-detergent.From other members I read that after a "dawn"wash the car was no more slick, but I found that on my car it was the opposite: more slickness!!!? then before.

Second: clay with Z-claybar: that was a first surprise: It was real easy to do: I used plenty of water mixed with Z-carwash as lube.The original color of the claybar was yellow, but after a few passes,it was brown.I found the kneading a bit hard, but it improved when I started kneading IN the bucket of water I had there with me.Anyone else tryed that?

The car must have been realy dirty,`cause I needed both the claybars, and yes the surface felt more slick .

Third it was time to remove the clay residue: "dawn" wash again.

Next swirl removal with Megiuars Gold Class swirl remover, by hand...

I managed to get most of the swirls out, but not all, my hopes are set on Z5.

again dawn wash as final step before Z-ing, I did this on an evening, so the car could dry all night.

Came morning , came Z-time:mixed ZFX(4 drops)with 29ml(=1oz)Z5 in a syringe.I guessed It should be possible to apply two coats.I applyed with the Z-applicator, dampened and z-6ed.To go as thin as I could ,I `ve put litllle pin-sized drops on the applicator, then dapped on several places on a panel and then with back-and forth motion I `ve spread the Z.I had used 16ml the first time.

The second time I only needed 13ml.

Z realy was a BIG surprise, man, does that car shine:up

I like it a lot!!!

And Z5 DOES fill in swirls, it is noticable.

I could not apply more coats becoase of a major pollen problem: came good weather, came too much pollen.

Unfortunately my garage is too small to work on the car, so, the next coats have to wait.

Pics are on their way

:bow to Z and Sal

Preachers Sheets
04-10-2002, 07:15 AM
I`ll be waiting for those pictures. ;)

On a side note, I always knead my clay bar in the bucket of warm water, I feel it helps soften it up and a little and I rub some of the grime out of it while it`s in the water.

G Money
04-10-2002, 07:47 AM
It`s such a good feeling to get a car looking it`s best, it seems everyone is compelled to write up their story.

This is good and I enjoy reading them and studying the techniques and products others are using.

Thanks for sharing.

Phil

Sharkie
04-10-2002, 09:37 AM
Congrats, look forward to the pics. I’ll really enjoy reading these posts as well!

SJS

Lemonxxs
04-10-2002, 11:29 PM
Thumbs UP My belgumese friend!!!

ultrajim49
04-11-2002, 12:54 AM
Thanks

I could never have done it without your advice, I would never have found Z in the first place

so

superdeep bow to all of you

(pic`s are being develloped at this verry moment)