PDA

View Full Version : Two questions......

Rcs476
04-09-2002, 03:05 PM
I just purchased a Pc7424, so I need to get the accessory package from Classic Motoring.....

I currently use Meguiars stuff, Show car glaze and Yellow 26 on a black car, while it comes out pretty nice, it doesn`t have alot of depth.

What are some products I could use to give me a "wet-look"?

I am going to get the 3m SMR, and though I like the Shine of Souveran, I really don`t feel like spending $70 on an 8oz can of wax. So, if I could have some recommendations on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

2 With a carbon fiber hood, are there any precautions I should take with the finish on that?

Preachers Sheets
04-09-2002, 03:29 PM
The accessory pack is nice however I like to have three yellow pads, three white and two black so you may need to buy more....

If your using glaze and not getting the "wet" look there isn`t anything else that would help more. The glaze is all oils and is just made to last a week and then it will fade. I used glaze alot on my other car and everyone always said I had the cleanest, wettest looking car they had seen in a long time. Everyone said it looked better than new and we all know a new car is pretty shiny. I don`t know, maybe your not prepping your paint the correct way or not using the product in enough layers, I am sure the glaze and a wax will give you a shine that will look like your car was just sprayed with water.

On your wax selection, your Meguiars yellow wax (if I am correct) is a nice wax, Blitz wax will also give you a really good shine. Pinnacle Paste Glaz Car Wax is the less expensive alternative of that Souveran wax and it only cost 35.00 plus shipping. It is still a little to expensive for me when I buy Blitz for 17.00 plus shipping and I am more than happy with the results.

I have never treated carbon fiber but if you have the real deal it is going to be a pain in the arse getting the wax residue out of the fiber weave.... I would call the people who make the hood and ask them what to use to protect/shine it.

rd_volvo
04-09-2002, 03:40 PM
1- OG Omega Glaze

2-OG Blitz and OG Show Off.

Just keep layering the the Blitz and SO.

Wash then OGSO then Blitz.

Rcs476
04-09-2002, 03:46 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
I have never treated carbon fiber but if you have the real deal it is going to be a pain in the arse getting the wax residue out of the fiber weave.... I would call the people who make the hood and ask them what to use to protect/shine it. [/b]</blockquote>
It`s a Fiberimages hood, so it has the clear coat (resin type stuff).

Thanks for the info.

Rcs476
04-09-2002, 03:48 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by rd_volvo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>1- OG Omega Glaze

2-OG Blitz and OG Show Off.

Just keep layering the the Blitz and SO.
Wash then OGSO then Blitz. [/b]</blockquote>

Thanks, I will look into it.

2wheelsx2
04-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Carbon fibre that is clear coated is no different than any other clearcoated body work. I routinely polish and wax my motorcycle helmet and other carbon fibre/kevlar accessories. Treat it gently just like your paint, and you`ll have no problems.

Rcs476
04-09-2002, 04:43 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 2wheelsx2 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Carbon fibre that is clear coated is no different than any other clearcoated body work. I routinely polish and wax my motorcycle helmet and other carbon fibre/kevlar accessories. Treat it gently just like your paint, and you`ll have no problems. [/b]</blockquote>

Cool, thanks, I have polished and waxed it, so I guess a SMR would be ok on it too then?

2wheelsx2
04-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Yup. The SMR should work just as well on it as the rest of your paint. I have used swirl removers and paint cleaners on my helmet to no detriment, and the thing getting on to 6 years now. Time for a new one because of the degradation of the foam core, but the paint and exterior still look brand new!

imported_BretFraz
04-09-2002, 07:23 PM
I`ll third the glaze/wax two step combo. Glazes are designed to bring out the best possible shine but have no protective qualities. The pure wax seals off the shine and gives you the protection and slickness you want.

I`ve used both the Meguiar`s and One Grand systems and both work great. If OG was readily available, I`d go that route. I think Omega Glaze is the best product of its kind I`ve ever used and Blitz is a terrific wax for the price. There`s no real need to go to Pinnacle unless you really want to - and I say this as a Souveran user.

Omega Glaze applied by the grey finishing pad followed by Blitz by hand would look <em class=`bbc`>fantastico!![/i]