PDA

View Full Version : Headliner

imported_Dude
04-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Has anyone ever cleaned their headliner? My wife just got a used car, and the headliner could use a good cleaning.

The interior is light grey. It`s not dirty at all, but it`s not clean either, if you know what I mean. There is no dirt on the surface, but I suspect that there is dirt trapped inside the various porous surfaces.

How do I clean the headliner? Should I treat it like carpeting? I want to be careful here- I suspect that it is affixed to the roof with some sort of adhesive, and I don`t want to dissolve the adhesvies while cleaning. We`ve all seen old beaters with peeling headliners, and THAT just won`t do. :)

BradE
04-09-2002, 12:10 PM
Headliner material is typically attatched to a cardboard type material with adhesives and is held in place on the roof by clips. You will want to use as little water as possible so that you don`t warp the backing material or disolve any of the adhesive, so foaming cleaners are the way to go.:up

imported_2wheelsx2
04-10-2002, 01:15 AM
i used mother carpet and upholstrey cleaner on the light grey headliner in my accord, and it worked perfectly. i used it lightly with a clean whit towel and all the finger prints and smudge marks came out on the 2 or3 wipe

imported_StyleTEG
04-10-2002, 09:18 AM
I like to apply the foam to a microfiber and gently wipe down the headliner, instead of applying foam to the headliner directly.

This way you don`t get dripping foam all over the interior of the car :D

jleev
04-10-2002, 11:20 AM
What foam??

imported_StyleTEG
04-10-2002, 01:20 PM
foam = Interior foaming cleaner, lots of companies make simmilar products. I have had good results with Lifter1 foam cleaner and spot remover. :)