PDA

View Full Version : Tried out the Stoners carpet claner and trim cleaner

Redcar GUY
04-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Well the other day I started cleaning the inside of the SS (my most unfav part) I started by taking out the seats so that it is easier to clean everything, I swept out the car and the seats with my Craftsman 6hp Vac. Next I sprayed everything that was carpet and fabric (seats) with the stoners carpet cleaner let it set about 40min then swept it out again. It did a good job, the smell was a little much(I had to open a window in garage)
Next I got out the stoners trim cleaner, I sprayed it on a MF and went at all the plastics and trim on the inside, I Cleaned REALLY well. I took all the shine off my dash and the other trim(I was really impressed with this stuff!) After I let that dry for 15 min or so I wiped down with another MF then hit it with some Z16, it looks great!

Pics are here (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=83926#post83926`)

imported_JeffBruce
04-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Are you recommending Stoner over your previous "claner" (cleaner)?

Looks great..everything looks great ...

Redcar GUY
04-08-2002, 08:47 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JeffBruce [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Are you recommending Stoner over your previous "claner" (cleaner)?
[/b]</blockquote>
LOL Ya:)

Jngrbrdman
04-08-2002, 08:51 PM
Have you ever used Prestone carpet cleaner? If you haven`t, maybe you could get a can and run a comparison test against the two. I`d be really interested to know which does better. Hell, I`ll even send you a can if you`d test it against stoners.

Redcar GUY
04-08-2002, 09:05 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Have you ever used Prestone carpet cleaner? If you haven`t, maybe you could get a can and run a comparison test against the two. I`d be really interested to know which does better. Hell, I`ll even send you a can if you`d test it against stoners. [/b]</blockquote>
Jman> No I havent yet I want to, I found a good deal at Menards on the Stoners ($2 a can) I got nine of them!LOL I will keep a look out for some Prestone, I need to do the floor mats in the Satty BAD! I may do a side by sidebyside with the stoners and prestone. Where can you get it?

Jngrbrdman
04-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Target is the best place. Its always there. Avoide the fake "red can look-alike" that Turtle wax makes. It sucks.

2k2blackWRX
04-08-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey I was wondering what you guys use to clean your floor mats good, Mine are sort of greyish from the winter and they started black. I want to give them a deep clean but I dont know what to use.

also would that stoners trim stuff be the best to use on all my little plastic pieces all over my car?

Thanks

Bryan

vettefan67
04-08-2002, 11:17 PM
I`ve had good luck with laundry detergent. Vacuum well and then soak it down with water. Put some laundry detergent on the mats or on a brush and brush away! Rinse very, very well, wetvac or drip dry and then hit it with some fabric protectant like 3M SCOTCHGARD, 303 Fab protectant, or something else.

:xyxthumbs

2k2blackWRX
04-09-2002, 01:48 PM
thanks puterbum, after reading alot last night im gonna try something similar.

I still need to buy some good carpet brushes, Im also gonna buy stoners invisibale glass and plastic but I need to find it lol.

I wanna buy prestone carpet cleaner too, just add to my list of cans to clean my car hehe.

I need a wheel scrubbing brush while im at it lol.

My supply has gone from 0 up and up and up

Bryan