PDA

View Full Version : Snowbrush scratches

motomanbm
04-07-2002, 07:59 PM
I just noticed some fine scratches on the horizontal surfaces of my car caused by brushing snow off. About the only thing worse than seeing my baby covered by snow is the thought of what the snowbrush is probably doing to the finish.

Two questions, 1, will 3m ihg work to remove these scratches? (The car has been Zaino`d with 6 coats last november).

2, can I put more Zaino on top of the ihg afterwards or will I have to start all over?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide a newbie. What a Fantastic site!

P.S. Any ideas for an alternative to snow brushes?

rockymountaindetail
04-07-2002, 09:38 PM
IHG will only `hide` your swirls, not `remove` them...

To remove them you`ll need something slightly abrasive like 3M SMR or Meguiar`s #9.

Secondly, IHG will affect the durability of any sealants (e.g. Zaino, Blacfire, Klasse, etc) you choose to use. Its not recommended you use a glaze such as IHG before a sealant.

YoSteve
04-07-2002, 10:57 PM
alternative to a snow brush = 100% cotton chenielle mitt on a stick :up

NI4NI
04-13-2002, 08:05 AM
Good call Steve. That`s what I`ve been using, and it`s effective yet gentle to the finish. Since I have an F-150, I took the telescoping handle off an old detailing brush and man, what an arm saver!:xyxthumbs

YoSteve
04-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Actually, I use the drive fast method, instead. :up (disclaimer: make sure there are no cars or turns ahead)

NI4NI
04-13-2002, 06:24 PM
On dry pavement, the "lock`em up" method shoots it off pretty well (4-wheel ABS is a plus). This works better on the dry, fluffy snow as oppoesed to the poundcake-weighted slushy variety (unless you`re doing >60 mph). :xyxthumbs