PDA

View Full Version : QD or Nothing?

Idrops
04-07-2002, 10:39 AM
I have about three coats of SG on my car. There are times I just wash it without the intent of doing another SG layer. Does it matter if I just wash it and leave it for the next go around or should I QD it after the wash?

Thanx:nixweiss

Lemonxxs
04-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Depends on when you appy the next layer of SG.

Make sure SG is applied to a clean and dry car. No QD required for the Klasse stuff.

If your car is slightly dirty then a quick QD will clean her up for the SG.

imported_Intermezzo
04-07-2002, 10:10 PM
I would recommend QDing it right after drying to remove any streaks, dry up any water that might have leaked out of seams, or dry places you might have missed when drying. Plus, doing so will rejuvenate your car`s shine. If your car looks fine after washing and drying, then QDing is entirely up to you.

Idrops
04-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the replies.

YoSteve
04-07-2002, 10:54 PM
If you`re going to wash it and intend on putting on SG in the future, but not right that moment, you can create an solution of SG and water and put it in a water sprayer and use that as QD.

IMO, if you`re going to SG often (I only SG twice a year) then QD may not be necessary to "rejeuvinate" the shine because you`ll be doing the rejeuvinating yourself.

Good luck and sometimes experiementing is the only way. Tell us how it works out if you do intent to QD and report back to people wanting to adopt a similar method.

HTH-Steve

Idrops
04-07-2002, 11:24 PM
What ratio of SG to water? Interesting concept, especially since SG and water don`t like each other.

YoSteve
04-07-2002, 11:36 PM
I`d say 16 oz or more water to 1oz. Probably only worth it if you`re using nice MF towels though ;)

Idrops
04-08-2002, 12:06 AM
MF towels all the way!

:up

imported_Intermezzo
04-08-2002, 03:07 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>QD may not be necessary to "rejeuvinate" the shine because you`ll be doing the rejeuvinating yourself.
[/b]</blockquote>
No need to rejuvenate the shine `cuz Klasse is so damn durable...ain`t that right Steve? :D