PDA

View Full Version : Daily Carwash Product for Zaino`d car

devilsown
04-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Ok, I just placed my first Zaino Order and i started with Z-2, Z-5, ZFX, Z-6 and Z-7. Whenever i plan in using Zaino to put another coat on my car i will be washing my car with their product, but now my question is, since i don`t have the products yet, how concentrated is the Z car wash product. If it`s super concentrated i`ll prolly just use it all the time, i just want the best end use cost per gallon even if i have to break out the measuring cups. I am a little apprehensive buying Z car wash concentrate regularly for washing my car all the time because the price. I can`t recall where it was from but i remember someone on here mentioning that meguier`s has a fairly inexpensive product (like 1 gallon for $10.00 or something at Target?) available and i was wondering if anyone else might be using something like that to regularly wash and maintain their Zaino`d car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

gmblack3
04-06-2002, 10:27 AM
I use the Z6 all the time when I wash. It will increase the shine. If you want to use something else just make sure that it has no wax it in.

imported_memnuts
04-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Zaino Z7 is very concentrated. 1-3 cupfuls per wash. The added advantage of using the Z7 is the enhancement of the Z2/Z5 layers already on the car. You will be amazed by how the shine actually improves with the Z7 and Z6 QD`ing. You can use any mild car wash that does not contain silcones or waxes. I have used Mother`s and Meguiar`s but after using the Z7 I will only use these in emergencies. You will find that the Z7 is economical unless maybe you are washing everyday.

Welcome to the world of Zaino and enjoy the shine and protection.

:bounce

MikeLS
04-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Like the others have said, Z7 is very economical when you consider that Z7 is very concentrated. I use about 2 capfuls per wash and one bottle last me at least 6 months usually longer, and that`s with washing every week or every other week.

Here`s another reason to use Z7 with the Zaino system, instead of another wash: This reason I specify to only use Z-7 Car Wash. It is specifically designed for Zaino polish products and is a really great product. It will Clean 100 times better than any other Car Wash. Z-7 will reinforce the polish system each time you use it. It contains UV-40 (sun protection), a lubricant to resist scratching from dirt, and Show Car polish to add gloss. It is optically perfect just like Zaino polish and will not leave a detergent film like other car wash products leave. If you use another Car Wash make sure to Z-6 the car after you dry it to remove the detergent film left behind by Brand X Car wash….

YoSteve
04-06-2002, 01:45 PM
you can get more foam (which seems to make for less product and more action) by using a foam dispenser. (`http://autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2486`)

coupled with a wash mitt, I use about 2 tablespoon of Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo (I imagine Z7 could be used) I`ve had my one bottle for sooo long, I hope it doesn`t go bad

:up

Redcar GUY
04-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Z7 is part of the whole Zaino System, I would use it if you want the best results for the system, I only use Z7:cool:

devilsown
04-06-2002, 04:04 PM
ok, you all sold me, i`ll stick with Z-7. Here`s my other question, most people use a couple to three capfulls of Z-7 per wash, so how much water are you mixing that with? I have a few five gallon buckets so are u figuring 2-3 caps per five gallons are are you getting by with less?

MikeLS
04-06-2002, 04:49 PM
I use 5 gallon buckets as well with Z7. I add two capfuls then start spraying in the water. Z7 makes really good suds so the bucket is completely full of suds after about a gallon or two of water is forcefully added.

Redcar GUY
04-06-2002, 07:50 PM
YA I put about 2 caps to 3-4 gal of water, run the cap under the stream of water to get it all........:D

imported_memnuts
04-08-2002, 09:47 AM
2-3 capfuls per 3-5 gallons of water. If you use too much Z7 or too little water I find that the concentrated mixture tends to require extra rinsing and sometimes spots the finish, requiring Z6 QD`ing to rectify.

Brad B
04-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Go with the Z7. Great stuff. Worth it. Check the archives for my review last month on it. It makes a difference. I am sold. :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

buldog
04-08-2002, 06:17 PM
2-3 capfuls per 5 gallon bucket seems to work out just right. Fair amount of suds but still easy to rinse.

Redcar I do the same thing run the cap under water "good to the last drop"

imported_Dude
04-08-2002, 06:39 PM
The above is some of the best, most useful advice I have ever read. I tried this myself over the weekend- 2-3 capfuls was enough for 4 gallons, and man, the suds! In the past, I first filled the bucket with water and then added the Z-7. This weekend, I added the Z-7 first and then filled the bucket. Wow! I had no idea that it could produce so many suds. Incredible!

Caldy
04-15-2002, 12:01 PM
The z6 zaino will give it a high concentrated shine