PDA

View Full Version : Zaino

OCD
04-06-2002, 08:59 AM
New Black Saphire metallic BMW. Would like to do it right on this vehicle - hate swirls and love a deep "wet" appearing finish. Many on this website speak highly of Zaino, and am planning on trying this with the sequence of preparation and application as recommended. Any recommendations or concerns for someone new to attempted proper detailing with use of this product. Also, do you recommend cotton terry-cloth with Zaino or a high quality microfiber. Lastly, what is felt to be the best wash mitt - chanille covered sponge, lambswool.....and from which company....? Thanks

Lemonxxs
04-06-2002, 10:03 AM
Wash Mitt = 100% cotton chenille or MF wash Mitt

Viking makes one but is hard to find now...CMA sells them.

For Towels I suggest you get both 100% cotton and MF and experiment which you prefer. Each has its own great properties and work well for certain tasks. I prefer MF.

Preperation is the key to a great looking car. I suggest you inspect your paint for contaminates and swirls and remove them prior to applying and paint sealant like Zaino.

Zaino is probably the easiest toi apply and remove of any product.

I suggest doing a search for any product you are interested in on this forum and a wealth of info will be there for you to read and learn from.

HTH and Good Luck!

MikeLS
04-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Hey Steve, congrats on the new Bimmer!

For new Zainoers, I`d suggest you check out this site. http://www.lazaino.com./ApplyZaino.htm (`http://www.lazaino.com./ApplyZaino.htm`)

Along with great application and tips and tricks, it also has great info on the proper toweling to use with Zaino. I personally prefer 100% Fieldcrests for Zaino. My experiences with MF has been very inconsistent so I don`t quite trust it quite yet. I use a Viking 100% cotton wash mitt. I think CMA, the forum sponsor, sells the real cotton Vikings for around $7.

:xyxthumbs

OCD
04-06-2002, 06:11 PM
thanks for the responses. lazaino site was helpful. In the "Guide to Detailing" handbook from Autopia on their section of waxing/sealants they comment regarding dark colors - " Black cars can look a little sterile or silvery in the direct sunlight. And, the mirror-like polymers can collect minor swirls and actually highlight paint flaws." With Black Saphire do you think it`s a good idea to go with Zaino or would you recommend standard polish/wax (+/- via Orbital polisher) due to the above concerns with sealant. Which would yield better results? Also, is this fairly easy to work with - would attempt to follow the steps and technique of application as recommended though for someone new to proper detailing (with prior car used standard wax from store with any old towels with consequent swirls and poor results which I hope to avoid on current new vehicle) is there much risk of doing something that could significantly injure the finish. Thanks again.

ararock1
04-08-2002, 09:59 PM
I would suggest you go with the Zaino.

I have had a black (they just call it "Black") Lexus SC430 since last May, and have had Zaino on it since week one (or two). The shine is great, and it`s a breeze to maintain once you get the first few coats on.

If you use the proper towels, you should not get swirl marks or scratches.

I have a good friend who has had several black BMW`s, and although he keeps them waxed, the shine is not nearly as deep or mirror like as with Zaino.

I think you`ll like it.

wizardofahs
04-09-2002, 01:08 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Wash Mitt = 100% cotton chenille or MF wash Mitt
Viking makes one but is hard to find now[/b]</blockquote>
I must agree that these washmitts are great. The auto parts store that i work at keeps them in stock. If anyone really wants some i get them dirt cheap (<$2 if i remember right). PM me if you want some.