PDA

View Full Version : Why ZFX??

imported_memnuts
04-05-2002, 08:51 AM
My fellow Zaino users of ZFX please convince me to purchase this additive. I am a single coat every 48-72hrs Z2/Z5 addict and normally do 2 coats during the week. The car is normally not driven between coats. This leads me to believe that each layer is additive and completely cured( no washing in between ). I want to try the ZFX but is this investment worthwhile for reasons other than multiple coats in 1 day? I love new toys. Is there anyone who uses ZFX in their single coat protocol ( i.e 1 drop ZFX in 1/4oz Z2/5 )? Does this work and are your single coat results improved?

Redcar GUY
04-05-2002, 09:05 AM
I think that it works better with the ZFX, I think that the shine is better and and it lasts a little longer too. It also works well for me because I have 2 cars that I use it on, And I can do A <strong class=`bbc`>TON[/b] of Zainoing in a day!:up

<em class=`bbc`>(These are just my opinions, if you think that I am lying or that you think that I am being a Z ""follower"" please keep it to your self)
[/i]

imported_memnuts
04-05-2002, 09:14 AM
<em class=`bbc`>(These are just my opinions, if you think that I am lying or that you think that I am being a Z ""follower"" please keep it to your self)
[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

This is an information gathering thread. I respect opinions and experiences from people in this forum. I too use Zaino on my Z28 and would like to get some ZFX but do not see myself doing more than one coat in a day. Need reasons beyond multiple coats application.
Improved shine!! Great!

Bobby G
04-05-2002, 09:23 AM
I have texted ZFX extensively. I cannot tell the difference in final finish between 2Z/Z5 with or w/o ZFX. Durability may be another story.

However, I do think that if you`re only applying a single coat, you should not add ZFX. It was really designed to allow multiple coats with little or no cure time. Adding it for any other reason is simply tossing $$$ down the drain.

db

laynlow
04-05-2002, 10:05 AM
I would agree with David here. I use ZFX when I want to do multiple coats. Otherwise, I layer on one here and one there. If ZFX increases shine, shouldn`t I notice a decrease in shine when I layer additional coats without it? That hasn`t been the case. I actually thought that my Explorer looked better after I washed it a couple times, and that was after some single coats too.

I will also use ZFX again in about 6 months. Remember you are supposed to use Z1 after every 10 or so coats. Since ZFX is a substitute for Z1, I would say it should also be used after every 10 or so coats.

Gloat: The other day I was coming out to my Explorer and a guy asked if it was new. I told him it was a 97` with 70,000 on the clock, and he couldn`t believe it. I love how the bright red just glows in the sun.

MikeLS
04-05-2002, 10:14 AM
After using ZFX here are my thoughts on whether you might want to try it. Basically, as you probably already know from the discussions, ZFX allows up to 3 coats of Z2 and/or Z5 per day to be applied with ZERO cure time. ZFX also dries about 30 minutes, or so, faster than normal Z2/Z5. So, it really depends on how you`re using Zaino now if you really think it`s needed. I suppose my answer could be made easier by asking a couple questions for you to think about. Do you have the time, resources, etc to apply more than one coat at any given time? In other words, do you think you would actually apply more than one coat at a time? If you`ve got plenty of time and energy, go for it! Some people only have time for 1 coat anyway, so ZFX would be wasteful. Also, is the Zaino drying time a problem for you now? I know it can be tedious sometimes letting regular Z2 or Z5 dry for an hour or more, especially if you have to leave your car outside when detailing. If you really NEED for Z2/Z5 to dry quicker, then yes ZFX is a must. I personally think ZFX adds more durability and greater shine for me since I`ve used it. I know the enhanced Z2 has greater shine in itself, maybe ZFX added a little bit as well. But, since I`ve got plenty of free time (to apply multiple coats per session) and quicker drying is a plus, I`d buy ZFX again. If 1 coat of Z2/Z5 is good, then the benefits of 3 at a time is outstanding. If you don`t need multiple coats or don`t mind waiting for regular Z2/Z5 to dry then you may hold off for a while.

My .02

:xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
04-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Drying time is not a problem. For example my Z presently has a coat of Z2 I applied last night and I will wipe off this evening. I detail 95% of the time in the garage ( closet detailer...I do not want the neighbors to know how much time autopians spend detailing.... that`s another story)

I thought maybe periodically I would do multipy coats of Z5 which should fill marring better than one coat in 24hr.

I guess the one really good reason to have ZFX in the arsenal is the option, when it hits, to do multiple coats. Small investment for coverage of a manic detailing urge. If the shine and durability is also improved all the better.

Thanks for all the responses and view points. Anymore are certainly welcome.:bow

wizardofahs
04-05-2002, 12:43 PM
my civic is my daily driver (and it shows) and i just tried zaino two days ago. (review comming as soon as i try some z2) I liked the zfx, i havn`t tried just z2/z5 so i can`t really compare it to that... but one plus i see to it, is when i detail cars for friends. I can`t have them comming back every 48-72 hours so i can layer another coat... it`s just easier to use the zfx and do multiple coats at once and send them on their way. It`s also fun to see the look on my friend`s faces when they see me with all these little bottles and `chemical`s mixing up some `Z`.

DETAILKING
04-05-2002, 01:22 PM
ZFX goes a long way so additional cost per application is very low. Plus you don`t ever need to use Z1 so it will save you the time of applying Z1. Also, I am sure you will apply more than one coat at time if you have the ZFX, it`s just so easy and quick........ but even it you don`t you will get some benefits from using it........

1. Quicker dry times, even in high humidity

2. Higher gloss (not all users reported this, it seems to depend on color how much difference it makes)

3. A must for black - Dries harder and is more mar resistant. Intermezzo can vouch for this in his fight against marring. ZFX cures faster and harder and is more resistant to marring from toweling..........

Hope this helps....

imported_memnuts
04-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I`m dropping the check in the mail today. I was already re-ordering some Z6 and was undecided on getting the ZFX. I did not want to miss this window of opportunity (flat shipping cost) by ordering just Z6 and turning around in a month or two and ordering the ZFX.

DK good point about the humidity and shortened drying time. It gets quite sticky here after April.

Thanks again everyone for your help and may the Zaino shine and protection be with you. :bounce

Lemonxxs
04-05-2002, 02:54 PM
too add to this:

Why not buy it and have another product to play with.

You can never have enough detailing stuff.

:D