PDA

View Full Version : Some Professional Detailers....

JasonC8301
04-05-2002, 12:28 AM
I was searching around the web for detialing prices and found this.

http://www.detailusa.net/rates.html (`http://www.detailusa.net/rates.html`)

No Offense to Detail USA or their employee`s so here goes my rant

Exterior Restoration (machine polish) 4 Step Process
2 door vehicles: $150
4 door vehicles: $170
small sport utility vehicles $190
large sport utility vehicles: $210
Service time: 3 hrs. to 5 hrs.

When your vehicle`s surface has damage that is deeper than the outermost surface, it will require machine polishing to repair the damage. The only way to restore the vehicle finish without color sanding is with a four step restoration process; 1)clay, 2)cut, 3)polish, and 4)wax. We begin with the clay treatment described above in the Custom Exterior Detail. Next, we use Meguiar`s TM 1 & 2 paint cleaner , a wool pad, and variable speed polisher to gently remove the damaged paint and oxidation. The Meguiar`s TM 1 & 2 is designed to act as a cleaner over a short period of time, reducing its cutting effect time. The finish is then hand glazed (or machine glazed if needed) with a soft foam pad and a product designed specifically for the finish at hand. This product is used to fill in the finish and make it shine. Lastly, we use the Meguiar`s TM Carnauba Wax for protection. It is important to remember that anytime a car is polished with a wool or foam pad there may be visible swirl marks (especially on darker color finishes) once the polish and wax wears off. Wax or glaze can be used to fill in the marks.

I am sure the business is good and all but I don`t think I`ll be taking my car (when I get one) there.

/end rant

Thanks for reading,
Jason

Scottwax
04-05-2002, 01:38 AM
That last line scares me too. There is no excuse for leaving swirls if the buffer is used properly and the pad is correct for the application.

vettefan67
04-05-2002, 08:20 AM
<strong class=`bbc`>Disclaimer:[/b] We have absolutely no idea what we`re doing. Please keep that in mind when you wash your car in a couple weeks.

:rolleyes:

boywonder
04-05-2002, 12:52 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I was searching around the web for detialing prices and found this.

http://www.detailusa.net/rates.html (`http://www.detailusa.net/rates.html`)

No Offense to Detail USA or their employee`s so here goes my rant

Exterior Restoration (machine polish) 4 Step Process
2 door vehicles: $150
4 door vehicles: $170
small sport utility vehicles $190
large sport utility vehicles: $210
Service time: 3 hrs. to 5 hrs.

When your vehicle`s surface has damage that is deeper than the outermost surface, it will require machine polishing to repair the damage. The only way to restore the vehicle finish without color sanding is with a four step restoration process; 1)clay, 2)cut, 3)polish, and 4)wax. We begin with the clay treatment described above in the Custom Exterior Detail. Next, we use Meguiar`s TM 1 & 2 paint cleaner , a wool pad, and variable speed polisher to gently remove the damaged paint and oxidation. The Meguiar`s TM 1 & 2 is designed to act as a cleaner over a short period of time, reducing its cutting effect time. The finish is then hand glazed (or machine glazed if needed) with a soft foam pad and a product designed specifically for the finish at hand. This product is used to fill in the finish and make it shine. Lastly, we use the Meguiar`s TM Carnauba Wax for protection. It is important to remember that anytime a car is polished with a wool or foam pad there may be visible swirl marks (especially on darker color finishes) once the polish and wax wears off. Wax or glaze can be used to fill in the marks.

I am sure the business is good and all but I don`t think I`ll be taking my car (when I get one) there.

/end rant

Thanks for reading,
Jason [/b]</blockquote>
...however, this site gave me an idea of how I would like to lay out my site when I open my shop. :D

Detailing NY
04-05-2002, 07:07 PM
speaking of web sites, my web site will be up in 2 weeks. It will take some time to get it just the way i want it but when it is finished it will be the ultimate detail web site.

the address will be "www.nyperfectdetailing.com"

i will keep you updated when it opens

Scottwax
04-06-2002, 11:16 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by NY detailer [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>speaking of web sites, my web site will be up in 2 weeks. It will take some time to get it just the way i want it but when it is finished it will be the ultimate detail web site.
the address will be "www.nyperfectdetailing.com"
i will keep you updated when it opens [/b]</blockquote>
Definitely post it when you have it up. I am always looking for good ideas to steal for my site http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Mine is at www.scottwax.com

Let me know what you think. I made some updates a while back.

jkochis
04-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Scott,

I think you charge too little for that interior. You do a lot for that $!!

RH

Scottwax
04-14-2002, 11:19 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Scott,
I think you charge too little for that interior. You do a lot for that $!!
RH [/b]</blockquote>
I think I charged him about $75 just for the interior-all his windows got blown out by a tornado (his car was about 100 feet from where it touched down). What amazed me was that there was more of a mess from him spilling crap all over the place then from the windows being blown out.