PDA

View Full Version : 303 vs Zaino Z-16

dlw
04-02-2002, 07:29 PM
I`ve been using Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss for some time, but heard so much about 303 that I ordered a gallon. Honestly, when I looked at both products, I thought they were the same thing, both a milky white liquid. After quite a bit of use though, I`ve determined that the Z-16 works better on tires and outside vinyl trim (looks better, lasts much longer, covers minor imperfections better). The 303, however, really made the rubber around the windows look great and the plastic and vinyl inside look fantastic. The Prelude had black plastic/vinyl trim inside, including the dash and door panels that were so sun damaged that I thought they were never gonna look good. 303 did the trick without the greasy, sticky look of Armor All and I was able to use several applications to get the final look I wanted. The Z-16 on the interior parts just seemed to go away and several applications didn`t make any difference. Now I`m hooked on both the 303 and Z-16! Just gotta use it for the right things, I guess. Just as a side note, I did outside vinyl bumper strips, black plastic door handles and bumpers on my Cherokee with 303 on the driver`s side and Z-16 on the passenger side. It rained a bit during the night and when I went out in the morning, the protectant on both sides of the car had run and streaked so badly that it looked like Mimi (from Drew Carey`s shoe)mascara after a good cry! It all cleaned up with Zaino Z-6 QD with no problem but it was kind of a shocker since I had never had it rain on the protectant before.

Preachers Sheets
04-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Yea it`s water based, I don`t have a product I feel comfortable using on exterior black trim. Either it collects everything it can or it runs at the first sight of rain.

I just use Klasse for now....

Lemonxxs
04-03-2002, 01:47 PM
To prevent the runs..... apply let sit for 10 mins and then wipe dry.

Try not too use too much in one coat.

For more shine apply a second coat after first one has dried.

I have been doing this on aqll my cladding on my avalanche and the drips have disappeared!

Preachers Sheets
04-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the tip, if 303 works outside as well as it does inside my buddies are in for a nice surprise. Considering the trim is new I guess, what do you use if the trim is kind of old and dingy looking?

dlw
04-03-2002, 09:42 PM
joed1228, The best thing I`ve ever used on hard vinyl trim, including the bumper strips on my Cherokee and the door panels, console, etc on my son`s Prelude - smooth peanut butter and a microfiber towel. I`m sure it`s the peanut oil and a lot of guys say to just use a bottle of the peanut oil, but I`m afraid using the peanut oil or whatever could be a bit messy. Although the PB treatment requires more elbow grease and takes longer, I think I`m just going to go that route on the outside trim from now on. Lasts longer by far and doesn`t have any of the "runs" like the other protectants do. Try the PB on a small part of your faded trim, just rub it in with a microfibre towel, them buff it off with a clean MF towel. I`ll bet you`ll be pleased. Besides, it smells great and only costs about $2 for a really big jar! For way less than the price of the other treatments, you can get the PB and a loaf of bread in case it doesn`t work out for you......

Preachers Sheets
04-03-2002, 10:53 PM
Now thats a trick of the trade, thanks alot Dan.