PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Agenda

boywonder
04-01-2002, 01:22 PM
2002 Maxima Detail. :D

Situation:

a) Long Scratch on the trunk (Dealer is taking care of it)

b) Light swirling

c) Paint Chips (Dealer is taking care of those)

Plan of attack:

Wash with Dawn/Alcohol to remove any old wax and/or sealants

Clay with Clay Magic Clay Bar

AIO with PC running at 4 using polishing pad (I thought about SMR but thought that might be a tad harsh)

KSG with PC running at 3 using MF Pad

Pinnacle Souveran

KSG Stock Rims to keep them looking good

Use Vinylex on tires

Use 303 on interior dash

Use Plexus on headlight and taillight plastic

Use Zaino Glass Polish and EF Clear Vision

Girlfriend`s 2001 Blazer

Same as my Maxima except that hers gets SMR x2

Pastor`s 2000 Concorde

Same as my Maxima except that it gets Meguiar`s #9 with the PC at 4 and a thorough interior cleaning (read Steam Clean seats and carpet).

Father`s 1999 Navigator

Same as my girlfriend`s 2001 Blazer but gets Wenol to polish the grille and Lexol to clean and condition the leather as well as a light cleaning for the carpet.

Think I have my hands full?? :D

Preachers Sheets
04-01-2002, 01:40 PM
You sound like me! hahah

I just got a place to detail, it can hold 35 cars, has a lift, water hose and lights, no one will be there but me... this guy has 8 cars... 5 custom Camaros and three trucks, he wants me to see what I can do on a regular basis for him it seems.

My dads van (YES I still havent done it, my dad is sooooo scared of me touching it), he just wants to see me use each product before I use it on his van.

My dads beater, he doesnt care about it but I want to restore something REALLY bad.

Some guys minivan I never did because it was raining and in the low 40`s

My car, a weekly project

About 8 other Camaros and Firebirds that are part of my new gang I hang with on the weekends.

The list is getting longer and I am doing nothing about it... digging my grave :-) I am sort of waiting until people come up to me and tell me I can detail there car in there garage and they`ll feed me and provide me with drinks and stuff.... heck, the job I do they should do at least that.

This weekend if the first I can really detail and I am going to that warehouse to detail my car with at least one Camaro the guy has and a Chevy 2500HD truck so I guess the ball will be rolling soon, very soon.

BradE
04-01-2002, 03:20 PM
PrinzII,

Have you considered using the gray finishing pads with the PC to apply KSG? The MF bonnets will soak up quite a bit of product.

Preachers Sheets
04-01-2002, 03:23 PM
I`ve been using the grey all along, really soft, I don`t worry about marring the surface of my car as much.

imported_capspackle
04-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey joed.. for a nice hourly salary, and some benefits, ill be more than glad to help you out in your predicament... how does $10 an hour sound?? alright alright.. ill lower it to $9.50 :D

be sure to post some before and after pics of some of the cars.

boywonder
04-01-2002, 05:05 PM
I need to do a little carpet cleaning in the Maxima. :eek:

boywonder
04-02-2002, 12:32 PM
I am going to have a "clientele" over the summer months so I can raise a little extra $$ for detailing supplies. :D

Then on top of that, I am going to be planning a car wash at my church as a fund raiser.