PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo polishers

shotime
06-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Anybody use these? From what I`ve read they`re inbetween a rotory and PC. I`m making a push to be 100% on my own by the end of summer so I made a list of things I don`t have/would like to have. I`ve found most of the cars I do are what I call "half-way", not really bad but not really good. A PC would take too long but I feel using a rotory is being too agressive. Now I use a rotory with a polshing pad on these. I found a cyclo at my grandfathers house a couple years ago but it didn`t work and left it there.....it must have been about 60 yrs old. I might to see if it`s still there and take it apart to try and fix it. Free is better than $260. If anybody has some pics of cyclo work to post I`d appreciate it.

TheSopranos16
06-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Ive never used one but I`ve always been interested in it. It seems like a good idea and all...the reason I never got it is because its difficult to find pads for it. With a regular DA, you have a much greater selection of pads to use. I find the DA works well in most cases, but sometimes I`d like it to be a little more agressive...

dr_detail
06-26-2004, 01:46 AM
I`ve seen how well they work, and the results look good. Back when I did work for the new car autoshows coast to coast (NY, Detroit, LA, Dallas, etc) one of the competiors used them. Since we were like family, I gave it a whirl... kinda awkward and a lil-bit clunky for me, but all in all the results were good. I wouldn`t spend money for one though due to my being rotary literate. I also add that it did leave a cool even pattern when used to apply wax that was great eyecandy for the corperate suit & tie marketing/advertising folks who didn`t know d*ck about what goes into making their cars look good on an show floor.

Nickc0844
06-26-2004, 04:29 PM
I think most of Anthony Orosco`s work is by a Cyclo Polisher. Seems to do wonders!!

Soprano--

Pads are readily available at www.Topoftheline.com under the 4" pads and accessories.

shotime
06-26-2004, 06:36 PM
That`s the same one my grandfather has. I guess they`ve never changed the design since they came out. I hope I can get his to work, I doubt it`s been used in 30+ years. Luckly I can fix anything.

BTW, I saw your pic on for the ToL`s Wheel Wash.....how does that work on really caked on dust? I use PRO`s wheel cleaner now and while it`s great for my wheels which are cleaned weekly, it has a hard time on the bad stuff. I`m not affraid to use acid, but I`d rather not.

vdubbya
06-28-2004, 09:18 PM
I have a Cyclo and really enjoy using it. For really poor finishes it takes some time to work it out. But on the bright side, you will never screw up the finish. I find that alot of customers don`t want a rotary used on their finish and then I tell them what I use and how it works and they`re impressed.

Nickc0844
06-28-2004, 10:38 PM
shotime,

Power wheel wash works slightly less than an acid, but definitely better than your typical all wheel cleaner. I HAVE NOT found a single wheel cleaner, even acid, that will just disenigrate baked on wheel dust, however, this stuff definitely will get the weaker crap off in a jiffy.

kayel17
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
There is a cyclo on sale on ebay which ends today for those who are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...A%3AIT&rd=1