PDA

View Full Version : Another Leather Question

freedre
06-25-2004, 09:07 PM
I have an Accord with leather interior.

Except it`s not ALL leather, right? Some of the seat is leather and some isn`t? Am I right about this??

So, here`s my question. How do I clean and treat? How do I tell where the leather ends and the vinyl begins? Will it hurt the vinyl to clean and treat it with leather cleaner and vice-versa?

Anybody else have this ???

Thanks.

PS - BigRon - tried `NuFinish` and it dissolved my seats.

Anthony O.
06-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Try Woolite diluted with water @ 6:1 ratio for a simple and safe cleaner for both leather and vinyl.

You most likely have coated leather so "303" is a great conditioner for both leather and vinyl.

Anthony

JimS
06-26-2004, 06:17 AM
My Silverado has both leather and vinyl. I clean the whole seat with leather cleaner then use leather conditioner and then Natural Look.

freedre
06-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi JimS

It sounds like you put the leather conditioner/cleaner on the vinyl as well.(?) How does this compare to using a dedicated vinyl cleaner?

Boss_429
06-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Like Anthony and JimS said............. products like 303 or Natural Look will work great on your clear coated leather. An ocassional cleaning/conditioning of the leather with a dedicated leather product(s) should be all that`s needed if you use 303 or NL. Getting the leather products on the vinyl shouldn`t hurt, but I always refrain from doing so, to be on the safe side.

Poorboy
06-26-2004, 09:53 AM
yes and remember today`s coated leather does not need the oils like leathers of the past and can actually be detrimental to the coating:)