PDA

View Full Version : Canadian source for Absorber

2wheelsx2
03-19-2002, 05:10 PM
I have been trying to locate a good Canadian source for the Absorber. All the online seaches I found are American, for $12.95 or so, and then when exhange and shipping is added, it`s about $18 US, which is almost $30 Canadian!!!

I checked our Walmart here, and they hardly carry any of the products you guys mention, such as TW Tire Gel, Absorbers, and the like. Anyone with knowledge of a good cheap source, please chime in! Thx.

imported_Blake
03-19-2002, 09:24 PM
In Ontario the distributor for Finish First carries "The Absorber". You can contact them at 1-800-807-8834. You can have them ship to you (shipping is reasonable) and they are nice people.

The big problem is that our Loonie ain`t worth nuttin. Many of us have to rely on AutoBody supply shops for decent supplies. I`ve been waiting 6 weeks for a Meguiar`s backing plate for my PC.

Jngrbrdman
03-19-2002, 10:10 PM
My friends in Toronto get em at Crappy Tire I think. I don`t know if they have those in Vancouver. I`ll buy one for you and ship it up to you if you are looking. They are less than 9 bucks USD at WalMart here and I`m sure I could get it up to you for about 5 bucks. If you don`t find it there then PM me and we can talk. :xyxthumbs

2wheelsx2
03-20-2002, 12:57 AM
Yeah, we have Crappy Tire here too. But they also don`t have the Absorber. Thanks for the offer, Jngrbrdman, I`ll keep that in mind. But I am going to look locally some more. I just that there was some place close by. I might also look the next time I cross the border (Bellingham is only 45 minutes away).

I also checked some suppliers in Ontario, and I saw the one that carried Finish First. But it`s the same story. They want $18 CDN and $5 shipping, so it`s like $23 to get it here.

I might pop in on one of the outdoor shows too, since they usually carry it. Too bad I missed the car and motorcycle shows. I know they would have had a booth.

imported_Kevin Brown
03-20-2002, 10:05 AM
My friend works at Canadian Tire and they carry quite a lot of products. If you ask the parts guys about the "Keystone Catalogue," they will get there thick catalogue worth of aftermarket parts and detailing accessories. I bought my California Water Blade 2 years ago through the keystone catalogue before they had it as a stocked item. Crap Tire is crap for auto parts but don`t underestimate what you can get through the keystone catalogue. You can also get Eibach, H&R suspension parts if you wanted. If the parts guys don`t know, ask the Parts Manager as he must know. :) Good Luck.

2wheelsx2
03-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Thanks, 99ESMAX. I didn`t know that. I`ll give it a go.:)

imported_Kevin Brown
03-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Just trying to help out my fellow Canadians. :)

genX
03-21-2002, 06:45 AM
hey I`m from BC too and I`ve gotten a hold of the absorber at Mopac. I bought mine from the Kingsway store.

2wheelsx2
03-21-2002, 10:45 AM
genX, you da man! I know exactly where that is, by the Crappy Tire that closed down. I have gotten some Redline performance products from them. I`ll check it out this weekend. Thx, guys.

2wheelsx2
03-23-2002, 12:21 AM
I found it at Mopac, just as genX said. $17.95 plus tax. Even with our 14.5% taxes, still under $21 Canadian!:)

genX
03-23-2002, 04:11 AM
Nice:up I`ve always found prices here in Canada to be cheaper than US...if only we had more products to choose from.

By the way, I was informed that there was a distributor for Zaino in Richmond but not too sure from the name. You guys know where I could find these products here without having to ship it from states? ie. Zaino, Pinnacle, P21S, etc. basically the good stuff:D

2wheelsx2
03-23-2002, 05:11 PM
http://www.car-fanatic.com (`http://www.car-fanatic.com`)

They are the only Canadian Zaino distributors I know. I got this info from the Zaino Bros. website.

As for the other stuff, I have no idea.

buldog
03-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Have delt with car-fanatic. Placed my order via fax, rec`d order the next day. Can`t say it would be that quick for everyone else. Guess it depends on where u live.