PDA

View Full Version : Does EF High Intensity "Suds-Up"?

old_gonzo
03-19-2002, 11:24 AM
I`m looking to use the EF HI to clean the tires on my daily driver. I`d just like to know if this product "suds-up", kind of like a car wash shampoo would in a bucket of water?

Thanks. :D

Sharkie
03-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Not like shampoo, I’d put it on par with the sudsing action of Windex or 409. Tends to foam up a bit more on the tires more than the wheels. Good stuff...love HI :up

SJS

mp5_toronto
03-19-2002, 02:52 PM
I use a diluted 70/30 forumla of EF/Water on my wheels and tires. It actually foamed up more than I expected. When I used a brush on the tires the foaming action was actually quite good. Like SJ said its not exactly like shampoo or anything, but it definitely foamed.

I used EF HI for the first time a few weeks ago and I was very impressed. With the green bristled brush from CMA it worked so well, and cut my washing time in half over using a no name wheel cleaner with a cotton towel.

old_gonzo
03-19-2002, 03:01 PM
The EF HI sounds like something that I am going to add to my list when I place an order with CMA soon.

It sounds like it will work out well for cleaning tires. Thanks. :up

Don2000g
03-21-2002, 12:18 AM
Arcticwhite, I`m kind of shocked that you haven`t used EF Hi Intensity. I was pretty sure that you used it in the past. At any rate, no its not supposed to suds up much at all. Most products that are great for cleaning rims and or fender flares don`t work this way. (Unless its a car wash.) Laters

old_gonzo
03-21-2002, 11:02 AM
Although I have toyed with the idea in the past of purchasing EF HI, I never have. Since I`m in the market for a tire cleaner for the daily driver that I just bought, I`m looking at EF HI to fit the bill.

The Vette is babied - all those tires ever see is a little bit of dust and a small amount of road grime, I really never needed anything strong before now.:)

BradE
03-21-2002, 11:08 AM
arcticwhite,

I think you will really like EFHI. It works great at cleaning tires for the daily drivers, in fact that is what I use it for as well, even removes browning. You can even mix it 50/50 with water and still get great results. :xyxthumbs

old_gonzo
03-21-2002, 11:17 AM
If you don`t mind, can you tell me your application method for EF HI on tires? Do you spray it on and aggitate? Do you dilute it in a bucket and use a tire brush? What do you suggest? :confused:

BradE
03-21-2002, 11:21 AM
arcticwhite,

I spray it on, and then let it sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute to do it`s thing. (Depending on how nasty the tires are). You will be amazed at how much nasty looking crud actually comes off the tires with just this step. Then I agitate with a soft to medium brush making sure to get into all the little areas. Then just wash off with the hose and presto, clean tires. :)

old_gonzo
03-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Awesome, thanks for that tip. :xyxthumbs

vettefan67
03-21-2002, 10:09 PM
and it works great! :up

mp5_toronto
03-21-2002, 11:13 PM
I third that recommendation!