PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Atlantique Glaze $675

Clean Dean
03-15-2002, 01:01 AM
It better ....remove swirls, tar, bugs, paint, fill paint chips, achieve 100% "optical clarity", withstand hurricane winds, attract beautiful women, and increase 0-60 time by 3 seconds. I couldn`t believe my eyes when I saw that price.

Has anyone tried this wax?

Brad B
03-15-2002, 08:47 AM
I`m waiting for a discount coupon!:p

G Money
03-15-2002, 08:56 AM
One of the Estate Glazes runs $1402.50

...But, comes with a "Lifetime refill".

Maybe we have some people here who could use that much wax?

Souveran users?

You guys are right about some of those other ones.

I`m not seeing "refill" on those. Holy sa mokaneeee!!

Preachers Sheets
03-15-2002, 09:10 AM
If it`s free re-fills why doesn`t someone buy one of the 350.00 - 600.00 bottles and empty it every week and sell the refills for like 60.00. Just tell Zymol that you do like 5 cars a day for 8-10 hours.

You could make your money back, think of it, everyone would LOVE to try some of that stuff but cant afford it nor do they want the re-fills so one guy gets it and sells the re-fills in single containers, woo hoo! Sign me up for a 60.00 refill.

drmcetta
03-15-2002, 09:22 AM
I wonder how does refill option works..

do they always have the glazes dispenser laying around in their HQ (wherever that is)? what about some of us who live far away? I assume since the waxes are so expensive, it might also take some time for them to hand process the refill orders...

hmm...anyone ever read the fine print on the free refill for life agreement? :D

Preachers Sheets
03-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Proably one re-fill per 6 months and it takes another 4 months to "make" the wax.

I bet if it is shipped in extreme hot and cold then it will get messed up (seems really tempermental, they say apply it with your hands, when the suns in the right axis and mother nature is chirping with the bluejays while the redjays go hunting) and they won`t give you another re-fill for another year.

If you ask me, unless you have a Lotus or something that cost over 100,000.00 then the wax is a waste of money.... if you can afford a car that cost`s so much the wax wont be anything .......... so in other words.... pick one up for me, you`ve missed alot of birthdays.

DETAILKING
03-15-2002, 09:56 AM
If I had a lotus or a 100,000 dollar car that would be the LAST product I would want to use. For something that expensive I would want the BEST protection on that paint!

I doubt those glazes cost much more to make than any of their other products....they are marketed to the luxury car class and those guys buy it because they feel for that price it must be great stuff...........

MikeLS
03-15-2002, 10:06 AM
$675 per container? I think I`ll stick with my "lowly" $9 per bottle Z2. Just think how many bottles I could buy for ONE jar of that stuff.....

Guess I`ll withhold the rest of my comments on Zymol at the risk of "offending" anyone. Needles to say, I`m not gonna try it anytime soon....

:sosad

Preachers Sheets
03-15-2002, 10:11 AM
If I had a Lotus man, I would start turn it into more of a race car than it already is.

Clean Dean
03-16-2002, 01:16 AM
"Vintage Glaze is based on a custom formula developed for the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay, winner of several "Best of Shows" in its debut year on the Concours circuit. Among the protective ingredients in Vintage are evergreen, honeydew, coconut, cantaloupe and sunflower oils. Vintage contains 61 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume, the highest in any automotive finish protective product. This container is re-fillable for life at no additional charge." .....$1,150

Sounds like it would go well on a garden salad...:D

Scottwax
03-16-2002, 02:16 AM
Pinnacle is probably the most expensive wax I would use. I fail to see how another wax could give you 8 times more shine-I mean, if it costs 8 times as much, it better perform 8 times better.

Yeah, I understand the concept of diminshing returns, but I doubt any Zymol wax will even be 50% better than Pinnacle or Meguiars--and in my experience, Pinnacle and Meguiars give better results.