PDA

View Full Version : In the process..

imported_capspackle
03-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Well, i have been in the process of detailing my Pathy for the past 5 hours.. I started by driving the pathfinder at an angle so the water will run off more easily.. I wased each wheel and scrubbed it twice with EF Hi-Intensity (concentrated.. not diluted) i then proceeded to wash the pathy twice with some turtle wax concentrated wax soap.. i then washed it another 2 times with dawn to remove allthe old crappy wax. I used some spot remover and carb cleaner to remove all the tar particles stuck to the side of the door. I currently finished claying the pathy, and will now move on to using PPCL. Although i dont have a high powered PC, i have a polisher which i bought at Pep Boys for the time being until i can get a kick *** PC. Its not fast, but i hope to clean the paint really well with it.. better than doing it by hand. After i apply the PPCL and remove it, i will apply Klasse AIO, and leave it on probably till tomorrow.. Ill let you know what happens afterwards..

Anything i did wrong, or could have added between the steps i have already done, please tell me.. i am open to constructive criticism to make my pathy look even better.

JasonC8301
03-09-2002, 04:42 PM
Its usually the other way around. You would wash with an auto shampoo once, then dawn,then wash with an automotive shampoo again to neutralize the dawn.

Remember to work in the PPCL since it has mild abrasives in it. Start out with mederate to heavy pressure, then back off pressure until yo are supporting the machine when the PPCL starts to haze over. Then buff off the residue, redo the panel if you have to.

Klasse AIO does not have to dry on the surface. It would be better to apply Klasse AIO, remove while still wet, then apply a coat of Klasse SG and let it dry on the surface over night. To remove the Klasse SG residue/haze, use one slightly damp MF (wring it out really well after running it under water) to wipe off the residue, then follow up with a dry MF to buff it to a shine.

Happy Detailing :)

Jason

imported_capspackle
03-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the piece of info.. ill remember that next time, but the auto wash i have contains wax, so it would defeat the purpose if i wash with Turtle Wax again after using the dawn, wouldnt it?

I am done for the day.. I wiped off the AIO after letting it sit for 2 hours, and the shine was incredible, even though the sun was gone, and all i had was the garage light on.. I followed by applying Klasse SG with a MF applicator, which i will not let dry till tomorrow morning. After i buff it off, i will follow with a coat of Zymol Concourse carnuba wax.. and will then apply some AIO to my wheels.. After that, i will need to work on the interior a little bit.

How often should i do this long 2 day procedure? every month? every 2 months?

P.S. by the way, the car was is called Turtle Wax EXTREME Car wash and Wax concentrated. its a very light green color.. almost like slime. but its truely amazing. One of the few Turtle Wax products i have actually liked.

JasonC8301
03-09-2002, 08:10 PM
The Klasse AIO would of cleaned off the surface even if you washed the car with the TW stuff after TW.

Well, I would add on more coats of Klasse SG before topping with Zymol. Once you put on the Zymol, you can not add more Klasse SG without stripping off the Zymol.

You should repeat this 2 day event every 6-10 months. I don`t think you should dawn wash more than twice a year. Have a major detail like this before winter and during the spring. The maintain with weekly washings and monthly applications of the Zymol.

Jason

imported_capspackle
03-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Well, there really is no winter here.. its hot year round.. was in the mid 80`s today...i was sweating my a$$ off..

so all i should go about doing is washing with the TW stuff, and applying Zymol every month?

thats all i need to do to the paint itself for the next 6 months?

JasonC8301
03-09-2002, 08:40 PM
You don`t have to worry about road salt, sand, and snow like us northerners.

Basically for the next six months, maybe even longer, just wash and QD when necessary (daily driver, weekly, maybe even a wash every 3 or 4th day, then Qd after a wash, I find a wash to be safer than a QD so I QD after a wash), then apply a coat of Zymol at least once a month or when you feel like having that extra pop for a special occasion.

This should make you have in immaculate car all year round.

Jason

imported_capspackle
03-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Whats the best way to clean MF towels?

Lemonxxs
03-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Washing machine all by themselves

HOT water

TIde ( ensure no softners or BLeaches)

Double rinse

Dryer with no bounce sheets and cleaned of all lint.

Others wash by hand.

imported_capspackle
03-10-2002, 11:35 AM
what do you mean by "others"

Lemonxxs
03-10-2002, 11:52 AM
They wash the towels in a bucket by hand with tide and/or dawn. Then air dry.

imported_capspackle
03-10-2002, 12:17 PM
can they all be washed together in the same bucket, or should each one be by itself?

Lemonxxs
03-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Wash them together unless they have a lot of abrasives in them then I wash those separate. Then wash together after removing the abrasives.