PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire, covering swirl marks, etc?

genew
03-06-2002, 02:07 PM
HI EVERYBODY

Have pretty much decided to give BLACKFIRE a try on my POLO GREEN AC Cobra. I know that ZAINO uses multiple coats of Z5 to hide swirls marks, etc. KLASSE uses SG in multiple coats to hide swirls. Does multiple ocats of BLACKFIRE GLOSS ENCHANCING POLISH or ALL FINISH PAINT PROTECTION do the same thing?

What I have planned is to

1. Wash KERMIT [Cobra] with DAWN.

2. Paint has already been clayed a week ago.

3.Use Pinnacle Paintwork

genew
03-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Blew that one real well, posted it before I was done

HI EVERYBODY

Have pretty much decided to give BLACKFIRE a try on my POLO GREEN AC Cobra. I know that ZAINO uses multiple coats of Z5 to hide swirls marks, etc. KLASSE uses SG in multiple coats to hide swirls. Does multiple coats of BLACKFIRE GLOSS ENCHANCING POLISH or ALL FINISH PAINT PROTECTION do the same thing?

Is KLASSE AIO and BLACKFIRE GLOSS ENCHANCING POLISH. The swirls are pretty minor, noithing than can be felt by hand. I see them but almost nobody else does.

What I have planned is to

1. Wash KERMIT [Cobra] with DAWN.

2. Paint has already been clayed a week ago.

3. Use Pinnacle Paintwork Cleqaning Lotion

4. AIO or ENCHANCING POLISH [or both???]

5. Mulitple coats of ALL FINISH PAINT PROTECTION

6. Pinnacle Souveran if needed [should great with or without]

Preachers Sheets
03-06-2002, 02:16 PM
I don`t use BlackFire so I can`t/wont comment but I do know a little about the polish.

It depends, if your car is badly swirled I would use a nice polish that will fix the swirls, not hide them, then use one layer of All In One to go over the car, this will remove and oil`s or fillers left behind and also help your shine a bit.

JonB
03-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Blackfire Polish is fairly good at very minor swirls. I would recommend using a PC with a white pad. You can do multiple passes with the Polish before going to a more abrasive polish if necessary. If you have anything that this won`t come out with, I would move to Finesse It II with a white or yellow pad depending on how bad it is. Then follow with Blackfire polish to remove any haze and oils left from FI II. There is no need to Dawn wash your car with this procedure, especially if you are using the BF Polish as your last step before BF Protectant. You can finish with as many layers of BF Protectant as you want....just no more than 3 layers per day. I have 6 layers on and love the look.

H