PDA

View Full Version : Considering Klasse

RiccoDesign
03-05-2002, 08:28 PM
I recently purchased a 2002 Porsche Carrera 4S (Metalic Silver).

On my other porsche boxster (speed yellow) initially I only used the P21S concours wax and was pleased with the results. Later, I switched to the pinnacle souveran and became hooked on the product.

My C4S is a garage queen driven only on dry 50+ degree days. I am wondering if the Klasse AOI will be too harsh and/or unneccesary on the fresh paint. I am pretty sure I will try the SG and layer it with the carnuba, but will I be missing out on the best results by skipping the AOI application?

Please advise.

Thanking you in advance for your opinions,

RiccoDesign@aol.com (``)
`00 Porsche Boxster "S", `00 GMC Denali, `02 Porsche C4S

Brad B
03-05-2002, 09:02 PM
No, a new finish does not need the cleaners in AIO. Go right to the SG.

But, having said that, my new S4 and Boxster both benefited from a light claying and Pinnacle paint cleansing application before applying a final topping. It made a BIG difference in the slickness.

There are certain contaminants and embedded debris that even new car paints can have that simple solvents like those in AIO or PPCL cannot handle alone.

Even your new C4S will have spent some time outdoors in Germany and Charleston before it gets to you.

DETAILKING
03-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Do a proper prep.....clay adn then PPCL or similar if required, and go right to SG. No need for AIO on new paint or any paint that is in good condition and properly prepped.......

JimO
03-05-2002, 10:20 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>.....clay adn then PPCL or similar if required...... [/b]</blockquote>
Quick question, what product is similar, equivalent, and/or alternative to PPCL?

db2
03-05-2002, 10:22 PM
You can skip AIO, but using AIo will make you say WOW after you see the difference and feel how slick the paint feels. Again you can skip AIO just use it as it becomes necessary=After applying additional coats of SG if it does not make the paint look and feel good, I would say on a garage queen use AIO about once a year and no more than twice a year.

vettefan67
03-05-2002, 10:30 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by olivher [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Quick question, what product is similar, equivalent, and/or alternative to PPCL? [/b]</blockquote>P21S paint cleanser. I will be trying that before buying PPCL ever again. I do not like the new formulation of PPCL and geekysteve very highly recommended this more reasonably priced ($10) product.

New PPCL is harsher than AIO btw . . . IMO, YMMV

StahlGrauM3
03-05-2002, 10:43 PM
I have a new M3 and decided on Klasse. After advice from this board, I decided on claying the car and then going straight to Klasse sealant glaze. I just put my second coat on yesterday (leave at least a day between coats to cure) and it looks fantastic. It is a very easy product to use, provided you don`t put it on too heavy. 2 oz per coat! Good luck

vettefan67
03-05-2002, 10:44 PM
1 oz per coat is a medium to heavy coat of any sealant . . . 2 oz is at least 3 coats worth IMO.

imported_CBX Carl
03-06-2002, 10:59 AM
I just completed a complete Klase AIO/SG application.
Link To Member Pictures Thread (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7830`)

I considered skipping the AIO but after testing the application of the AIO/SG I decided to apply both.
I saw the truck when it rolled off the delivery trailer at the dealer and only the hood & roof were protected with the white vinyl stuff. The rest of the vehicle was exposed from the trip from KC to Phila. I then decided to do the AIO application.
The AIO application was so easy that I did both as I was concerned with using just the SG and sealing in contaminants (dirt). The AIO was really effortless to apply & remove.
I thought about the clay but I was pressed for time with the weather so I skipped it.

This was/is my first use of Klasse and I would advise others to try it. The "feel" of the finish is just amazing. I hope to start layering the SG as weather permits but I can honestly say I am a Klasse advocate for life.

db2
03-06-2002, 07:55 PM
Can`y go wrong with using AIO & SG. J ust don`t go overboard on the AIO on new or like new finishes.