PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire over Klasse?

corvettez
03-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Does any one know if there would be any compatibility issues? Has any one tried putting SG over the BF polish or the BF protectant over AIO? I am thinking that if all four products are completely interchangeable then it might make for some surprising results, or not! I really like Klasse and the long lasting results it yields but BF is dying to get on my applicator, just curious about this and have not seen any threads on it.

Jngrbrdman
03-05-2002, 07:40 PM
I thought about it. I had over a dozen layers of SG on my car when I switched to Blackfire. I suppose it would have worked out alright but I also had quite a bit of carnuba on top of the SG and wasn`t sure the BF would bond properly. I just stripped it all off and started over. As long as you are applying it directly over the SG and there isn`t a layer of carnuba between the Klasse and Blackfire then you should be ok.

Keep in mind, however, that the first step of the Blackfire process will strip off all the Klasse anyway. The polish is pretty much designed to clean off all other sealants. If you skip that step and go straight for the Paint Protection coat then you`ll be fine. I wouldn`t really recommend skipping that first step though. The entire effect of the Blackfire is pretty stunning and I would hate for you to get cheated out of a little of it by skipping the polish. Just a thought.

vettefan67
03-05-2002, 07:53 PM
If you are going to put one product over another make sure you don`t use any polishing products like BF polish, AIO, or other types. At least not if you want both products on your car at once . . .

corvettez
03-05-2002, 08:22 PM
You have me beat:up I have eight layers of SG and about four of Blitz and then I tried one layer of Collinite around the begining of Jan. I thought I would get the polish and protectant while it was on sale. I have to start over with polishing so it will be AIO or the BF protectant after using Fi11. There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews with the BF but I have to see it for myself as well as try more products.

rmccall6
03-05-2002, 08:23 PM
BF works best as a system, trust me. The BF polish and protectant were clearly (you can see it in the results) engineered for each other. Trying to fit klasse or zano into the mix, most likely isnt going to let you acheive the best results. And as Autopians, we would never settle for anything but the best. But ten again, topping Klasse with blitz worked fine....

vettefan67
03-05-2002, 08:25 PM
I don`t think it`s realistic to say that these polymers wouldn`t work correctly together without trying it first. At least I personally don`t know enough about their chemical makeup to do so. Peace.:)

corvettez
03-05-2002, 08:39 PM
I am sure the BF was intended to be used as a "system" of protection and maybe even more so than Klasse was or at least it seems that some like to skip the AIO factor. I like AIO myself, I think it is a good all around polish when used as intended, certainly to each his own on using the polish, (AIO or BF), or not. As far as compatibility is concerned I guess it depends on what types of polymers are in both, (all) and weather or not they can bond with each other. It seems like it might be worth trying in any case to see what kind of results come up.

imported_killerjg
03-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Here are a few posts from me on SG on top of BF.

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=7678 (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?threadid=7678`)

I am not sure the SG is holding up. I`ll update this weekend when I wash it. The first time I washed it, it beaded nicely, the second time there was less than I expected.

It may not matter! It`s getting hard to resist Z`ing this one as well.:)