PDA

View Full Version : Applying Zaino with PC?

spiroh
03-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Can you use a PC to apply Zaino? What Zaino products do I need to use, to get me started? Do I need Z1? I know I need Z2, Z5, Z7, ZFX. Am I missing anything? I`m only worried about paint.

MikeLS
03-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Yes, I think you can use Zaino with a PC, however I personally don`t think there is any benefit from doing so. It was originally developed to be used by hand and I feel this is the easiest and fastest way.

No, don`t buy Z1 if you`re going to buy ZFX. ZFX is a substitute for Z1 so both are not needed. A good starter kit would be ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z7. Clay is optional but I highly recommend it. I`ve had wonderful results with Z18 clay. Read the directions and tips on the Zaino site several times if necessary. All the info you need to get started is there.

:xyxthumbs

Lemonxxs
03-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Zaino has no abrasives so there is no need for a PC.

IMO.

buldog
03-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Will a PC aid in a higher gloss? What i mean to ask is the speed of a PC is much faster than an arm can produce, so would the maximum shine be increased.

TortoiseAWD
03-03-2002, 07:58 PM
I`ve used the PC to apply Zaino, but it pretty much only for convenience. If I`m only putting on one layer, I`ll usually use a foam app. But if I`m layering with ZFX, I use the PC to save wear and tear on my shoulder, and to speed things up a bit. I only use the lowest speed, and don`t work the product in at all; the PC is strictly used to spread product quickly and thinly.

It`s worked well for me so far; YMMV.

Tort

JonB
03-03-2002, 08:25 PM
I don`t think the PC is necessary for ZFX. It goes on so easily and so fast by hand with the Viking foam applicator, that I had a coat on in less time than it would have taken me to break out the PC and plug it in! I find that ZFX is easier to remove than plain Z2 or Z5....

H

C. Charles Hahn
03-03-2002, 09:28 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by TortoiseAWD [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ve used the PC to apply Zaino, but it pretty much only for convenience. If I`m only putting on one layer, I`ll usually use a foam app. But if I`m layering with ZFX, I use the PC to save wear and tear on my shoulder, and to speed things up a bit. I only use the lowest speed, and don`t work the product in at all; the PC is strictly used to spread product quickly and thinly.

It`s worked well for me so far; YMMV.

Tort [/b]</blockquote>
I agree 100%.......set the PC to speed 1-1.5 max, it works great.

I use meguiars white foam `finishing pads` to apply..... :up

imported_killerjg
03-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Your question is timely. 8ball just threw up his technique:

http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7684 (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7684`)