PDA

View Full Version : 4 Star UPP question

JimmyS5600
06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi All, Before I screw up I need some advise please. Is it ok to use 4 Star UPP as a topper over EX?
Thanks

TheSopranos16
06-23-2004, 02:37 PM
I would say that this is not a good idea. EX contains carnauba and synthetics (UPP) typically don`t bond well to carnauba. You could do it the other way around. Usually, people layer synthetics until their happy then add a paste wax such as souveran or P21S when they are finished to deepen the shine. You could do it the other way around though, UPP then EX.

Gadfly
06-23-2004, 02:47 PM
It depends on how long youv`e had the EX on the car. If it has had a time - say a day or two - to set up I can see no reason not to try it out. I have successfully applied UPP over #51 - Hand Polish. Sometimes we get just so precious about chemistry that we don`t know anything about.

Give it a try. It won`t cost you much in $. It may - probably - give you great results.

groebuck
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Yes you can - I`ve seen people use UPP over Glazes and VM so EX should not be a problem

JimmyS5600
06-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your imput guys. Greatly appreciated. I did apply the UPP as a topper. Very glad I did! I only wish I had access to a camara to post some pics. It came out real well.
As a side note,I was never happy with the apperance of the clearcoated polished aluminum wheels on the CTS. After clay,cleaning with Medallian cleaner and then a coat of UPP 4
Star,Iam finally happy with them. Made quite an improvement.