PDA

View Full Version : Engine compartment

imported_Intel486
03-02-2002, 07:18 PM
Though I`d snap a few pics under the hood while I was out buffing the hood. They are low quality but you can still see the cleaness! No dirt in my engine compartment! I`ve been working on it a lot trying to get as far back and as far down as I can go! Kinda hard to get all the way to the firewall though but I have gotten some of it. It has impressed all the people I have shown it too.

PS. the white dot on my airfilter is a part of the plastic that is white. I have no clue why it is like that but I`m not going to fix it since I`ll be changing to a cold air intake soon.

imported_Intel486
03-02-2002, 07:20 PM
and another

imported_Intel486
03-02-2002, 07:25 PM
and yet another

imported_Intel486
03-02-2002, 07:26 PM
and the last one

imported_CBX Carl
03-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Very clean engine. Nice..

How often do you detail the engine ?

Do you have the black hood-liner ?

C. Charles Hahn
03-02-2002, 08:34 PM
those underhood pics make the outside look another color.....

(say, purple?? :p )

just kiddin man...... good job with that engine..... very clean! :bow

;)

db2
03-02-2002, 10:52 PM
Looks great, what product do you use to clean under the hood?

69-912
03-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Looks like somthing is missing. How about adding a Supercharger :P

Clean engine

ultrajim49
03-18-2002, 10:04 AM
verry clean indeed,

I`m kind of affraid to begin detailing the engine.

Even after reading the E-book and several posts I`m still hesitating ,

one day I will...

Preachers Sheets
03-18-2002, 12:30 PM
If your really scared, just cover up your electronic parts.

Look at me, I just open the hood and spray the entire engine bay, I don`t directly spray the battery or alternator but they get really wet. I don`t mask or protect anything, it all gets sprayed. I must of done this around 10 times so far with no problems, the cars ALWAYS starts right up.

If I can spray my bay like that I am SURE if you cover things up and use a mild spray from a hose you would be perfectly safe.

P.S. I think my car starts every time because it`s a Chevy, heck ... those cars are just plain out awesome.

Jngrbrdman
03-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Most new cars have all the electronics encased in plastic these days anyway. The risk of frying something is greatly reduced in newer cars. However, you still want to try to not spray high pressure water on anything with wires coming out of it. Water getting down the spark plug holes could cause problems, ya know?

I did a truck last fall and got some water on the distributer. Sucker wouldn`t start for nothing! I finally got out the can of WD-40 and dried it up so it would start. I didn`t even spray it that hard. Those older vehicles are the tricky ones. You don`t want water in the carburator or distributer caps. Being careful is the key. :xyxthumbs

ultrajim49
03-19-2002, 01:49 AM
I`m convinced,

I`ll give it a try this week-end