PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Scratch-X

zey
02-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Has anyone tried Meguiar`s Scratch-X? Is it really effective in removing swirls and scratches? Is it applied to affected area or used as a polish on whole car?

Preachers Sheets
02-28-2002, 10:01 AM
"carguy" uses scratchX alot... you can find him on this fourm. From what I can see, he has a brand new Porsche which is not in need of multiple layers of polish so I guess he only uses it on the spots where he can see swirls.

smfrycruzr
02-28-2002, 10:10 AM
i`ve used it too...good filler, not much at removing a deep clearcoat scratch though...does reduce ugliness of a scratch though.

lovesolderplymouths
02-28-2002, 02:19 PM
barely works for me, but i`ve only done it over a Z`ed car?

not sure if it did much.

seems to work on very very fine scratches. anything deep. it doesn`t do much.

imported_Intel486
02-28-2002, 05:37 PM
I have it but haven`t use it a lot. I prefer Eagle One Scratch Remover to it.

BradE
02-28-2002, 05:39 PM
I tried it and was totally unimpressed. There are much better products available for scratch removal IMO.

C. Charles Hahn
02-28-2002, 09:46 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I tried it and was totally unimpressed. There are much better products available for scratch removal IMO. [/b]</blockquote>
I concurr....... GS27 seems to work better for me, actually.....

:nixweiss

imported_doug
02-28-2002, 10:56 PM
I use it for spot-treating scratches my normal PC routine doesn`t get, and I like it. I use it by hand, one finger, foam pad. Wipe on/wipe off - it has reasonable filling capabilities and very nice gloss. rub hard, 2-3 applications - you can safely remove clearcoat.I usually stop when the edges of the scratch are rounded - rather than remove so much paint that the scratch is gone - I`d rather have the clearcoat and this effectively hides the scratch forever.

there are certainly more aggressive compounds - but this is aggressive enough that I feel I have good control over it by hand, and it leaves a very nice finish.

Chuckmotor
03-01-2002, 07:57 AM
I`ve used it on at least a dozen different cars, and with each car, I get different results. On my car, it smears and hazes, leaving "3D swirls." On a black E320 Mercedes I used it on, it worked great. I had great results with it on a BMW 528i, as well.

Come to think of it, a lot of products work on other people`s cars that don`t work on mine ;) . I think my car is cursed.

[EDIT] By the way, I do it just on spots, not the whole car, and do it by hand.