PDA

View Full Version : Foaming carpet cleaners

Dream Machines73
02-27-2002, 09:31 PM
What foaming carpet cleaner would guys recomend that I can purchase locally at someplace like wal-mart or autozone? I was thinking about either Prestone interior cleaner or tuff stuff. What would your opinions on these products be and which one would you say I purchase?

Thanks

-01WS6

Jngrbrdman
02-27-2002, 09:34 PM
Prestone 100%. It is the best out of all the off the shelf foaming carpet cleaners. I buy it by the case. :xyxthumbs

dengelson
02-27-2002, 09:40 PM
I`ve used Woolite brand, Turtlewax brand and Stoner`s. I like the Stoner`s the best for smell and Woolite and Stoner`s the best for stain removal.

db2
02-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Where can you get Stoners carpet cleaner locally in the Bay?

dengelson
02-27-2002, 09:56 PM
I get it from Monument Auto Parts. They have several branchs and one in Pleasanton. FWIU they have a rep that sells Klasse, Viper MFTs & Stoner`s. I think they have a website but I can`t find it at the moment.

bobdec
02-27-2002, 10:29 PM
Tide. Simply mix some in a bucket with a quart of hot water. Agitate it and create lots of suds. On carpet, wet a brush in the solution, shake the excess liquid off, then scoop some suds onto the brush and clean. For upholstery, I do the same except with a micro fiber towel instead of a brush.

I think the biggest thing it to make sure you get as much of the detergent (or any foam cleaner) back out of the carpet or upholstery as possible using a clean mf and clean water. The left over residue seems to attact dirt.

imported_JeffBruce
02-27-2002, 10:39 PM
Tide sounds good..but im wondering on how to get all the suds out....Bissel....totally out...MF is good but not that good..

jeff

imported_capspackle
02-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Im wondering also.. If you use detergent on the carpets, how do you get it out? take a hose, and soak it, then let it air dry?:nixweiss

bobdec
02-27-2002, 11:58 PM
I think maybe I should be a little more clear. It`s not like you are soaking the upholstery or carpet. You`ll be surprised how little detergent and moisture you need.

You don`t really put much Tide into the carpet or upholstery. That`s why you shake the brush and use the suds. On upholstery you wring the cloth and use the suds. After you clean the surface, use a clean micro fiber with clean water and go over it a few times (rinsing the cloth in clean water after each wiping) to pick up as much of the detergent as you can. You`re not really wetting the surface much but it will be damp when you`re done. It works for me.

I learned this trick from an old pitchman that used to sell carpet cleaners at fairs. At a really good fair they would run out of their super-duper rug cleaner so they would head down to the supermarket and buy Tide and paper bags and go back to work selling it at the fair. That`s one of the reasons I am so skeptical of anything I see demonstrated that seems too good to be true such as the infomercial products.

bmerjorge21
02-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Never tried Tide, but Woolite is my favorite, Mother`s interior cleaner is also very good. The Tide scares me because I don`t think I`d be able to get it all out, and thus leaving a residue. I bet it cleans awesome though!! :bow