PDA

View Full Version : Here are my Klasse results

*MustangGT/25YRS*
02-26-2002, 02:02 PM
The following pics were taken after the application of one coat of Klass AIO. I later followed it up with a coat of SG. Thanks to everyone who participates on this forum for the advice you gave me prior to my going with the Klasse products. This forum is a wealth of great information!

The Klasse was really easy to use. It took about 9 nickel-size drops of each (AIO and SG) to do the whole car, and I could have gotten away with less. The AIO came off a bit easier than the SG, but the SG went on easier - since I felt as though I should use a bit more pressure with the AIO due to the fact that it acts as a polish.

I used two MF applicator pads to apply the AIO and SG. I used the Miracle Towel from CMA to remove, and it worked great. I have some towels on order with yosteve.com, but I am still waiting for them to arrive.

The shine was gorgeous, and after two washes the water still beads like it was just Klassed minutes before. If the protection lasts a solid 6 months or more, I will be elated. I found it easier to use than Meguiars or Mothers products, which is what I had been using before.

The only gotcha that I would mention is that the AIO seemed like a VERY mild polish. I wouldn`t expect it to remove many paint defects like a good paint cleanser could. For me, it worked out perfect, since my car was essentially new. However, if someone had a car with paint that needed some serious TLC, I would imagine you`d neet to insert a cleaning/polishing step before the AIO.

Here are some pics:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/rebekka/Klasse/AIOHood.jpg

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/rebekka/Klasse/AIOTop.jpg

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/rebekka/Klasse/AIOSide.jpg

Mike

JimO
02-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Looks great! :up Keep up the good work.

MikeLS
02-26-2002, 02:34 PM
Very nice! I`m always amazed at the quality of VW paintwork. Looks like you really brought out it`s best shine. Did you use a clay bar before Klasse AIO?

I`m assuming you prefer the look of Klasse over Mother`s/Meguiar`s as well? :D

:xyxthumbs

*MustangGT/25YRS*
02-26-2002, 02:41 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Metallic Mike [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`m assuming you prefer the look of Klasse over Mother`s/Meguiar`s as well?[/b]</blockquote>
First of all, thanks for the nice compliments! This is a new car, and I have never used Mothers or Meguiars on it, so it`s hard to say. However, my gut feel is that the Klasse shine looks more "wet", and maybe a bit more hard-edged. The Mothers, which I used more than Meguiars, seemed to produce a softer look - but that could have been the paint and/or the color of my old car? They both did a great job in my opinion. I`d really have to use the Mothers wax on this car to get a good feel for the difference in terms of the shine.

In any case, if this lasts as long as I hope it will, that alone will put the Mothers to shame - as the wax only lasted a couple of months before it started to diminish.

Mike

spiroh
02-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Wow beutiful job. Are you going to apply another coat of SG? I used Klasse before, and I was amazed at the results. I cant wait to do my car again.

Andre&#39;
02-26-2002, 03:19 PM
<span style=`font-size: 12px;`>Wow Wow Wow that looks so good.

imported_Intermezzo
02-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Very nice! Impressive that AIO alone could produce such clarity and wetness!

Redcar GUY
02-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Looks good man:):up

William420
02-26-2002, 08:44 PM
Beautiful! Excellent shine!! Klasse Rules!!! :D :up

db2
02-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Wow that looks great. Trying to get that kind of reflection with my white car.

Don2000g
02-27-2002, 06:46 AM
Great looking shine. This is precisely why I don`t try to talk people out of using AIO on a newer car. AIO will definitely help improve the overall look of new car. It will give you great protectiona as well and give you a great base for the Klasse SG. Now add a minimum of 3 coats of Klasse SG and you will get a stunning look to your paint. Again, great job!

99323ic
02-27-2002, 07:48 AM
I heartily agree with Don above. AIO gives such a wonderful foundation for the SG.

MichaelB2 - Congratulations on a job well done...the car looks great!

:D

YoSteve
03-02-2002, 03:43 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Very nice! Impressive that AIO alone could produce such clarity and wetness! [/b]</blockquote>
Come on Intermezzo, I haven`t been saying enough about AIO only for ya! I might have to start saying it more again ;)

Mike, I don`t know which I like more, the shine that the AIO gave or the car!!!!!! Man I love these babies, going to go out and wash mine right now :)

Good job, I hate it when I see a Passat on the road that`s not kept clean :xyxthumbs

rstype
03-02-2002, 03:51 PM
Hahaha, "its just the VW paint job."

Just kidding, great job! The paint looks wet and reflective, yet deep and very Klasse-like. I really like the last picture.

:bow

~bw