PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash Brush on a Stick

driveway detailer
02-22-2002, 11:46 AM
I would like to know are these brushes on a stick Safe ? or stay with the wash mitt.

Lemonxxs
02-22-2002, 12:03 PM
I would use a wash mitt. I have not really found a soft enough brush for my paint yet.

Lowejackson
02-22-2002, 12:33 PM
I agree with Guess My Name, use a mitt with some good quality shampoo ideally using the two bucket method. Dont forget to wash the mitt to keep it clean.

Stay away from brushes, you run the risk of damaging the paintwork. There is also a risk that if the brush is not very clean of dragging dirt accross the paint and scratching it. I would doubt if these brushes are in any way clean.

Steven

driveway detailer
02-22-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks. Do they make any mitts on sticks ? It just seems so comfortable. Especially when you don`t have to bend down and reach.

imported_Intel486
02-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Yhea, I found a super soft brush that you hooked up to the hose. This was when I hadn`t found autopia yet. The brush was soft enough that it didn`t scratch paint but it would grab stuff on the paint and that would leave scratches.

Don`t use a brush.

imported_BretFraz
02-23-2002, 10:41 PM
Here`s something odd (frequent Autopians will relate):

A couple weeks ago I hit all the local auto parts stores looking for Viking cotton mitts. The word is that Viking is replacing the 100% cotton chenille wash mitts with ones that come in a cotton/poly blend. So I was hoping to find a few leftover cotton ones and stock up.

I never found the all cotton Viking mitts. But I did find plenty of 100% cotton Viking "pads on a pole". The exact same cotton material as used with their mitts but wrapped around a sponge and stuck on a mitt. It said "!00% cotton" right on the packaging.

So if you`re looking for a pad on a pole thingy, check out places like AutoZone for a good tool.

driveway detailer
02-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Cool Bretfraz! There is an Auto Zone Close by, will run out this morning to check. Thanks.........Syker

:D

YoSteve
02-26-2002, 09:40 AM
I almost bought the chenielle on a stick because it was Viking 100% cotton while the mitts they had were blended cotton (no fair :() I would use that sucker to get snow off my car if I had one.

driveway detailer
02-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Auto Zone did have the 100% cotton stick & mitt. So I bought both. Hopefully I`ll get to wash the cars this weekend if they don`t issue water restriction here in NYC.

Later.............Syker

Jngrbrdman
02-26-2002, 02:03 PM
When bucket washing isn`t an option (like Salt Lake durring the winter, for example) you pretty much have to use the brush at the car wash to get the salt off your car. I just grit my teeth and endure it. There isn`t any other way to get the salt as stuff off your car in the winter. As long as you spray out the brush first and just be careful how you use it, then it is safe. It may cause some swirls but that is just part of living in the winter wastelands sometimes. It gives you something to polish out in the spring. :D