PDA

View Full Version : Hot/Cold Water Help or Hurt The Car Wash

imported_CBX Carl
02-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Question is:

Is there any advantage to mix say hot water in the car wash bucket as well as the rinse hose ?

The hose faucet valve in the garage needs replacement and I wondered if adding a hot/cold mix valve would have any benefit with the wash application. The hot water supply is right next to the cold.

Pros

1. No more trucking 5 gallon buckets of hot water to the kiddy pool. This part convinced the wife.

In reguard to the car wash:

Will hot or warm wash/rinse rwater remove the Klasse SG any sooner ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks

bmerjorge21
02-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Your water in my opinion should be near the temp of the surface. You don`t want extremes that`s for sure i.e. cold water on hot glass, hot water on cold glass. Warm water is ok, hot water is not. Not too warm though.

Lemonxxs
02-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Warm water helps in the cleaning process.

Plus it is easier on the hand

02-13-2002, 01:50 PM
If you use hot or even too warm of water you shock your paint by putting hot water on a cold car and it might cause the paint to slightly crack. Wear/tear

I think the best way to wash your car is use water that is the temperature of the cars paint.

Ex... Put your hand on the paint if it is really cold use cold water. If is hot use very warm water not too hot to burn yourself. This shocking of the paint I got from another detailing website. Makes sense thouh.

:bounce

imported_Intel486
02-13-2002, 03:16 PM
I always try to use warm water. In the summer the water is hot enough but in the winter I add a little hot water to the bucket to make it luke warm. I think the warm water will help lift off the baked on dirt. If you live in areas that they use salt, then warm water will probably help dissolve the salt better.

ISLANDSBEST
02-15-2002, 08:40 PM
Warm water is the way to go -- it will clean better. The concerns about temperature differences are not imaginary, but only are of concern if the temperature differences are significant.