PDA

View Full Version : Plastikote paint leveler and porsche story (attn Carguy)

corvetteman
02-10-2002, 07:33 PM
I had a small touchup. Not wanting a blob or to use sandpaper I was going to order langka which has had both good and bad reviews on this board. Instead I picked up a bottle of paint leveler at pep boys. Costs around $3. It seems to do the job but technigue is very important with it. If you dont give the paint enough time to dry or if you push to hard you end up taking all the new touch up paint off. It says give the paint 30 minutes. I suggest mch more. If you practice with the stuff though I would say it is a good alternative to wet sanding. Pratice on an area that cant be seen first or on a spare painted body panel.

Now for the Porsche story. I`m driving my freshly detailed black 968 today. Usually when I drive some teenager will pull up in a "ricer" and want to race. I never do because I dont want to hurt anyone or worse hurt my car. Well as I`m driving I realize nobody ever challanges me when my girlfriend is in the car. 30 seconds after thinking that a 2000 or 2001 red Porsche carrera pulls up along side me. The passenger rolls down the window and yells nice car. I was basically at a stand still he was rolling to a light turning green. He nails it so I decide oh what the heck and step on it (something I rarelt if ever do). He started about 5 feet ahead of me but 0-40 we are at about a standstill. Then I let off the gas seeing traffic and being a very defensive driver. Then a truck pulls right out in front of the other Porsche.......................

but luckily the guy slowed done in time. I thought they were going to crash. One thing I wanted to say to Carguy is I definitely changed my mind on the newer body styles. This was red and it was beautiful. Really looked sharp front and back. The guys driving in it seemd really cool also. What a cool adreline rush. Now my girlfriend says "I want a Porsche too" LOL