PDA

View Full Version : Interior detailing

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Intel486
02-09-2002, 04:11 AM
I don`t really have anything to do interior detailing. I probably should I bought some stuff online but didn`t :(

What are some good products that I can get locally (pepboys, autozone, wall mart)? I`m wanting to do a full detail of my truck over these next few days but need stuff for the interior.

What is something I can get for my dash? All I realy have is the armorall that I use for my wheelwells.

I also have some sort of stain on the carpet by the rear seat, passenger side. It looks like oil or grease. What can I use to take that out?

vettefan67
02-09-2002, 04:19 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intel486 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I don`t really have anything to do interior detailing. I probably should I bought some stuff online but didn`t :(

What are some good products that I can get locally (pepboys, autozone, wall mart)? I`m wanting to do a full detail of my truck over these next few days but need stuff for the interior.

What is something I can get for my dash? All I realy have is the armorall that I use for my wheelwells.

I also have some sort of stain on the carpet by the rear seat, passenger side. It looks like oil or grease. What can I use to take that out? [/b]</blockquote>1) Dashboard: Safe stuff you can use includes Black Magic Semi-Gloss Dash protectant, 303 Aerospace protectant, Lexol Vinylex and Eagle One protectant. ALL of these products should be a milky-white product, do not purchase a clear product as it likely has silicone.

Black Magic stuff can be purchased at Wal-mart for $2, has a nice citrus smell but does not have as much UV protectant stuff in it and also IMO does not give as much of a nice matte look as 303. Vinylex is much shinier, most do not use it for this reason. I would definitely venture a guess that 303 is the most widely used stuff for interiors (tires too?) and there`s a deal going on somewhere that you can get a gallon for $45 shipped. Recent thread . . .

2) Hmmm . . . check out www.autopia-carport.com in the details details section and it has a nifty little chart on carpet cleaning.

HTH!

69-912
02-09-2002, 07:55 AM
Also Pinnacle Rubber & Vinyl protectant is excellent for the dash and all the interior plastic. I`ve been using it a few years now and love it.

miguelgf
02-09-2002, 09:15 AM
If you need to go local:

1. 303 Aerospace Protectant

Find a local boating/RV store (if you check their website at <a class=`bbc_url` href=`http://www.303products.com`>http://www.303products.com (http://www.303products.com) you`ll find the name of a local retailer near you.

2. Eagle One Leather Cleaner and Conditioner (two products)

You can find this at most retail auto stores (Pep Boys, etc.)

3. Dry cleaning solvent.

You need to clean that carpet in a jiffy? Stop by a dry cleaner and bring a spray bottle with you. Tell them what you need to do, and that you`d like to buy a couple ounces of a dry cleaning solvent to do it. They should gladly oblige, and for under $5 you`ll have a good spot carpet cleaner. I have a friend in the dry cleaning business, so I got mine for free :) but I can say, based on what I`ve tried in auto stores, this stuff rocks. Don`t know what it`s called though.

4. Windows

If you don`t have cleaner for the exterior - pick up some Eagle One 20/20 or Stoners Invisible Glass. Don`t expect either to work like Windex - you`ll need to do some buffing via MF, but you`ll get good results. I use 20/20, and it`s pretty sweet. I use Plexus on my tint (which works great) but I doubt you`ll find it locally, and 20/20 does an adequate job on it`s own.

5. Sponge, bristle brush and detailing brush.

The detailing brush will help you get the dust out of strange places. Sponge to apply stuff like 303. The bristle brush will let you clean whatever leather/vinyl surfaces you have.

And finally - the wood surfaces inside the car - you can throw some wax on those to shine `em up real nice :)

Happy interior detailing!

db2
02-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Try to find 303 if not use Lexol Vinylex which I have seen at some Pep Boys and Stoners Invvisible Glass Cleaner also found at Pep Boys. As far as carpet cleaning goes try resolve on stubborn stains or Bissell carpet cleaner.

imported_Intel486
02-09-2002, 12:02 PM
JohnN, If I get the dry cleaner solution, How do I use it?

02-10-2002, 02:10 PM
i have used armour all on the leather dash on the arnage, i also use the dual pc buffer on the seats - thats after using leather soap conditioner all over. Armour all puts a great shine on all the trim - but i sometimes use Extreme Interior Gel

F1Crazy
02-10-2002, 02:47 PM
John Ross, Stay away from Armor All!!! This stuff is full of harmful silicone and put ugly yellow stains on my friend`s Honda with prolonged use.

02-10-2002, 02:49 PM
what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but ive been using this for 2 years on the cars - ive just found it doesnt last long and attracts to much dust

F1Crazy
02-10-2002, 02:52 PM
J.R.`

Do a search on it and you will see most Autopians use it only on wheel wells.

02-10-2002, 02:54 PM
we are talking about Armour All Cockpit spray arnt we??

F1Crazy
02-10-2002, 03:00 PM
J.R.

I`m talking about Armor All stuff in general, not sure what is it called. I think most of their stuff has silicone in it.

02-10-2002, 03:04 PM
im just looking at the bottle as i type, its got 3.5% silicone - that cant be that bad can it?

F1Crazy
02-10-2002, 03:07 PM
I`ll let the others answer that...

02-10-2002, 03:09 PM
who do u support in formula one??