PDA

View Full Version : this DAwn ok for MF towels

Blackmirror
02-05-2002, 08:41 PM
I just got a bottle of Dawn detergent. I got the Antibacterial Apple blossom bottle. Says fast acting on it. this ok to use on MF towels and applicators?

Don2000g
02-05-2002, 11:13 PM
I simply use a liquid detergent either Cheer, Tide or All. You might find that you`ll have to run your towels twice in the rinse cycle if you wash with Dawn. Not a big problem as many of us do this anyway. Laters

mx5
02-06-2002, 07:28 AM
The antibacterial should be okay. Since Dawn suds up so much you may need to run the towels through the rinse cycle twice. Once you do though they will come out feeling very clean. When I use regular laundry detergent they don`t feel as clean as with Dawn. Using ammonia with luandry detergent also seems to work as good as dawn.

Lemonxxs
02-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Try soaking them in dawn prior to putting them in the washer...

USe hot water and TIde or such in the washer...Not sure how all those suds are for the washer`s pump

dengelson
02-06-2002, 11:32 AM
Yes that Dawn will work just fine for washing your applicators. I use that Dawn to hand wash my applicators. First I fill up my wash sink with about 3" of warm water and about a 1/2 an ounce of the Dawn then I soak my applicators in the soapy mixture. I`ll initially squeeze the foam applicators to get the soapy water inside of them then I let them soak for a half hour or so then rinse them well with clear water.

I also wash my 303 applicators seperate from my wax and sealant applicators.

For MF towels I use liquid clothes washing soap in the washing machine. Then I dry them on the delicate cycle which reduces the heat. If you can line dry your MFTs that works great too but it`s difficult to do that during winter.

Blackmirror
02-06-2002, 07:15 PM
is it ok to use Dawn on regular terry towels too?

Lemonxxs
02-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Yes Dawn will clean cotton towels as well.