PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Zaino idiot?

ultrajim49
02-05-2002, 09:39 AM
You lost me here:

Z2:showcarpolish for clearcoat

Z5:polish for swirlmarks & scratches

Those are polishes, but I never read that you protect the Z-stuff with a wax?

Unless Z2 and Z5 are more than just polishes ,polish as described in David`s e-book.

:nixweiss

Lemonxxs
02-05-2002, 09:47 AM
They are not really a polish. They are polymer sealants.

They have no abrasives in them or any paint cleaning ability.

MikeLS
02-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Zaino is NOT a polish or a wax technically. It`s a synthetic sealant (polymer) that contains NO abrasives or waxes. A true polish, like you were probably reading about, merely improves surface gloss with NO protection to the surface. That is why the traditional method was to put an actual wax over the polish for protection.

Z2/Z3/Z5 are all the final stage protectants, not true polishes. They do an incredible job at protecting the surface and holding shine. There is NO need to apply anything over Zaino for extra protection, because Zaino IS the protection.

:)

DETAILKING
02-05-2002, 09:55 AM
They are not wax. Think of them as a synthetic wax or polymer sealant. They go against the typical rule of thumb that a polish is abrasive and does not protect the paint. Zaino protects and is non abrasive.......

Hope this helps....

ultrajim49
02-05-2002, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys,

confusion is gone:confused:

:up

:xyxthumbs

picorrect
02-05-2002, 01:05 PM
New Shimmer.....it`s a floor wax and a dessert topping. :D

Don2000g
02-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Well if you are the Zaino idiot, then I must be your identical twin brother. I really didn`t know much about this system until a year ago or so. Laters