PDA

View Full Version : What can cotton do that MF can`t ??

bbquer
02-02-2002, 01:14 AM
I was just wondering.... If MF is soo wonderful... why do ppl stay use cotton anything ? Why not use MF for everything on the car ?

There must be a reason why some people still prefer the cotton towels to MF ones. Do they polish better ? Buff better ?

I know for sure that MF cleans better.

imported_Intermezzo
02-02-2002, 03:31 AM
Some of us find that it is easier to buff Zaino and Klasse with 100% cotton. Also, when QDing, cotton doesn`t grab your paint surface as much as MF, making it easier to buff.

Lemonxxs
02-02-2002, 10:12 AM
Cotton can be less expensive than MF

miguelgf
02-02-2002, 10:13 AM
I have a large MF towel, and a bunch of Charismas..

I was going to replace the cotton towels for drying the car - but after my last wash, and giving the MF a shot - I think I`ll stick with the cotton.

It`s easier to dry the car with cotton - less grabby, more absorbent. Now - if we`re talking the final pass, then the MF pays off, leaving no streak behind and getting the car completely dry.

Everything has a purpose - I`m all for specialized solutions, where one product does one thing, and does it particularly well - instead of trying to cover all the bases and do so poorly.

rmccall6
02-02-2002, 10:37 AM
Both have their advantages. I use MF most of the time but find it easier to buff out the 3M polishes with cotton.

bmerjorge21
02-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Still prefer good `ol cotton for my exterior, but MF is the champ for dashboard dusting!! :xyxthumbs

bobdec
02-02-2002, 01:08 PM
I much prefer mf over cotton. A lot comes down to which towels you are using, what you are used to, what you are doing with the towel (drying, cleaning, etc), what color your paint is. I don`t think everyone will ever agree on what`s best. After using a 2` x 4` mf towel for drying my black paint though, I personally would never go back to cotton. Micro fiber is about 7 times more absorbent than cotton on a weight basis.