PDA

View Full Version : Wife came home...Salt and dirt all over and it 30 degrees outside

imported_JeffBruce
02-01-2002, 08:28 PM
Whats the best way to clean this stuff off, tomorrow it will be in the 30`s too.... the car looks really bad i should post a picture for sympathy

imported_Greg
02-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Have your plumber run a hot water line out side next to the cold one. Connect the two faucets with a Y hose. ouila!

I did this last year. Been loving it ever since. :xyxthumbs

Lemonxxs
02-01-2002, 10:28 PM
See a post by FLoin where he washed his car...he has before and after pics in it.

PS I still have no idea what snow is:D

We're Here
02-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Regards Alan`s suggestion, I believe Ketch warned us about the risk of thermal fractures to clearcoat when using water with a temp considerably warmer than the surface it was being used on.

My other thought is (I`m in the same predicament as you) to head for the local quarter car wash (or even the local laser wash). The only quarter part of it these days is that you throw one in after another but I find $2 spent on the rinse cycle only allows me to keep my detailing angst pretty well at bay until the next weekend thaw. BTW (was it David B who warned us?), keep the wand at an oblique angle to the finish so you`re not driving the crap into the paint like a nail.

Remember, winter happens!

Don2000g
02-02-2002, 04:10 PM
It was Brad B that mentioned to be cautious when using a pressure hose and how to avoid blasting the dirt INTO the paint.

imported_JeffBruce
02-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Unsure if to bring hot water outside or in garage. Frozen pipes and all....for warranty reasons i have to shut my water off from inside the house, for the outside hoses.......may just have to go

to car wash and spray it...

thanks for power hose issue.will be sure to step back a few feet and angle it..

jeff