PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Fine Cut/Medium Cut by hand?

MikeLS
02-01-2002, 09:27 AM
I`m curious if anyone has used Meguiar`s Fine Cut Cleaner or Medium Cut Cleaner by hand only? If so, how did it work for you with the abrasives and cleaning? I know Meguiar`s states that these are for use by machine only, but these products supposedly do exactly what I need for another car. I need something to remove etched hard water spots and coarse swirls/scratches.

Or, would I be better off using 3M PI-II Rubbing Compound by hand? It says it`s recommended for use by hand. But, is it too aggressive, or more so than the Meguiar`s Cleaners?

:confused:

TIA,

MM

imported_JeffBruce
02-01-2002, 09:41 AM
I break out the Makita rotary for Fine cut Meg or 3ms Fine C. Meg has said they heard people using Fine C with a PC and getting results but...they don;t recommend it....only machine ...got to break down those abbrasives...would think you would be just movn those abrasives around and around by hand..

jeff

Glossy McGlosserton
02-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Well, I don`t claim to have a world of experience, but I have used the Meguire`s Fine Cut and the 3M equivalent by hand, and liked the results. On my old car, the paint was in quite bad shape, and it did amazingly well. The "new" car is a dark green 98 Accord, and I just use it when I get a scratch or deeper swirls. I then go to Show Car Glaze, again by hand, to refine it before finishing with #26. But I`m switching to Zaino soon, and will need to reevaluate.