PDA

View Full Version : Interior: Air Freshener and Fragrance?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lovesolderplymouths
01-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Ok, so the exterior/interior of our cars are CLEAN to our eyes and our fingers. But what about our nose?

Does your car smell GOOD? new car smell? leather smell?

what about air freshners? air cleaners? ionizer?

please post them here. what are the pro`s and con`s. I want my car to not only look good but also smell GOOD...

bmerjorge21
01-31-2002, 01:07 PM
I have used various forms of air fresheners, Little Trees, Vent Clips, jar air fresheners and all kinds of sprays. The trees are a little tacky IMHO, and the effectiveness is only so-so. The Vent Clips are slightly less tacky and work pretty well especially when using the heat. The jar was just a bad idea. Sprays are not tacky at all, but only last a day or two (at least the store-bought ones do, and also One Grand`s). I would like to know what others have to say, and vacuuming frequently is also very important to having a fresh-smelling interior. Also, I like to leave my windows cracked overnight to allow the interior to ventilate (if you have ventvisors then it can be done w/ out rain getting in there). Hope this helps a little! :D

bmerjorge21
01-31-2002, 01:18 PM
Actually, while on the subject (sort-of) anybody try these Renuzit things? Still going strong after 6+ weeks (only supposed last 4 weeks) Maybe I could put one in the car somehow?

Brad B
01-31-2002, 01:35 PM
I am currently testing some EagleOne vent clips and am pleasantly surprised. The smell is nice and subtle, not fake or out of place. Being in the vent also seems to dissipate the fragrance very evenly so it does`t smell too strong in any one area. I think it`s a great idea.:up

mooredriven
01-31-2002, 01:44 PM
my absolute favorite:

http://www.optauto.com/store/images/AS-CSX3-B.GIF

it`s one i found in a small speedshop, the scent is "squash." Don`t ask me why it`s squash, but it smells very very good and it lasts a good 6-8 months. It`s also re-fillable.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=880&last=880 (`http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=880&last=880`)

Lemonxxs
01-31-2002, 02:52 PM
Zaino Leather in a bottle for me once a week! Maintains that new car leather smell....yummmmmmy

Jngrbrdman
01-31-2002, 03:49 PM
I`ve always liked Ozium`s New Car Smell. If you use it right it smells pretty darn good. Spray a lot in the car then close it up. After a few minutes open all the doors and let it air out. The end result is a pleasant smelling car. I wish they would make a better New Car Smell though. That has to be the best smell in the world IMO.

Chuckmotor
01-31-2002, 04:09 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dave C. [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Actually, while on the subject (sort-of) anybody try these Renuzit things? Still going strong after 6+ weeks (only supposed last 4 weeks) Maybe I could put one in the car somehow? [/b]</blockquote>
Personally, I don`t want my car smelling like roses. I want a natural car scent.

Chuckmotor
01-31-2002, 04:11 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ve always liked Ozium`s New Car Smell. If you use it right it smells pretty darn good. Spray a lot in the car then close it up. After a few minutes open all the doors and let it air out. The end result is a pleasant smelling car. I wish they would make a better New Car Smell though. That has to be the best smell in the world IMO. [/b]</blockquote>
I`ve tried Ozium, too, but am not familiar with this method. I`d like to try it. How long should I let the doors be open and "let it air out?"

bmerjorge21
01-31-2002, 04:28 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Personally, I don`t want my car smelling like roses. I want a natural car scent. [/b]</blockquote>They come in more scents than that Chuck. Btw, what is a natural car scent? All of those "new car scent" sprays don`t smell very much like a new car.

Lemonxxs
01-31-2002, 04:51 PM
New cars smell like vinyl, plastics, and leather.....All those things emit gases that give it that wonderful smell....After awhile they stop emitting..:confused:

lovesolderplymouths
01-31-2002, 07:08 PM
yes, when starting this thread, i was thinking, NOTHING LASTS!

alot of freshners make ppl wanna puke, and the good smelling one doesnt last or is never evenly spread.

especially for a luxury car, the trees and the jars just won`t work. not classy enough...

i`m surprised someone on this board doesnt have a MIRACLE product :eek:

bjwebster
01-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Nothing Smells Better Than Some Fresh Toxic VOC`s!

Studys show it causes headaches, fatigue, etc...Whateva!

Boy do those VOC`s smell great!

F1Crazy
01-31-2002, 10:52 PM
My wife buys those little pockets from Bed Bath and Beyond and puts them under the seats. They have some really refreshing scents and seem to last.

I`ve never found a "new car smell" that actually smelled like new car.

I like leather smell in a car, do you have any recomendations?

Jngrbrdman
01-31-2002, 10:54 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

I`ve tried Ozium, too, but am not familiar with this method. I`d like to try it. How long should I let the doors be open and "let it air out?" [/b]</blockquote>
I just spray the hell out of the car and then close it up. I don`t think I`ve ever timed it. I usually dress the tires while it is setting in. I open it up to do the windows and let it air out. It works pretty well for me. :)