PDA

View Full Version : OG Show Off Vs. Maguire`s FI

Pages : [1] 2

waxinator
01-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I`m a OGSO fan but I was in Pep Boys and said

what the heck. Let`s check out the Final Inspection.

Initial Inspection of FI is that it has a little grab

when I run my MF and fingers across paintwork.

OGSO seems to have a little more glide.

As far as the surface feel I still like the OGSO.

I laid them side be side on the hood and trunk lid

and see very little difference in the way of reflection

but it`s a cloudy day hear in New York. So I have to

compare some more.

Anyone compare these two?

Wax

Brad B
01-30-2002, 05:48 PM
I also prefer the OGSO to the FI. Better feel, glossier finish. I use FI for bug removal mainly. My detailers of choice include EF Clear Pearl, Wizards Mist N Shine and Zaino Z6. All of these are superior to FI.

smoldin
01-30-2002, 06:30 PM
In order of preference

1st One Grand Show Off-worst spray bottle

2nd EF Clear Pearl

3rd Eagle One

4thZaino Z6

Distant-5thMeguiar`s Final Inspection-IMO way over rated

6th Meguiar`s Quick Detail-great spray bottle-IMO way over rated

7th Zymol Field Glaze-very hard to remove haze/residue-best smell

1st,2nd,3rd are pretty darn close probably to close to call but I have used OGSO the most.

Just got Pinnacle detail spray but haven`t given it a fair trial yet.

I simply won`t wash my car without this stuff anymore!

Bill

Koyaanisqatsi
01-30-2002, 07:23 PM
FI works very well with klasse SG. I really liked the results when I just used klasse. it leaves virtually no residue behind like some of the others mentioned. Its also great for bird bombs. Seems to have the best "lubricity". :) If I`m using wax then OGSO is the way to go. EF CP would be a close second to that in the QD w/ wax department. z-6 works well with zaino but have never tried it on top of another product. I have used OGSO on top of zaino and klasse with very good results too.

imported_JeffBruce
01-30-2002, 08:17 PM
Just went and got gas ...after FI it...under the gas station light i

saw some foggy glare on some areas....whereunder my garage ligth i didn;t see...will be trying another product next time and

do same test..

jeff

Lemonxxs
01-30-2002, 08:40 PM
Zaino

Sonus Acrylic

Ef CP

Meguiars FI

I use the MEguairs for carrying in the truck when

I travel as it is inexpensive and does a great job on dead bug skeletons.

I do love Z I washed and applied some today...Super slick and great smell too!

imported_JeffBruce
01-30-2002, 08:50 PM
I think the group buy for Zaino give one of those free......so when I do the group buy i;ll be able to try it..

thks

jeff

Chuckmotor
01-30-2002, 09:20 PM
Which E1 product is their QD? They have a few spray bottles, and I can`t tell which is their QD. What`s the name of it and what does the bottle look like? A picture would be great, but that`s ok if you don`t have one.

jkochis
01-30-2002, 10:50 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Chuckmotor [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Which E1 product is their QD? They have a few spray bottles, and I can`t tell which is their QD. What`s the name of it and what does the bottle look like? A picture would be great, but that`s ok if you don`t have one. [/b]</blockquote>
Just read the darn label, it will say that it`s a quick detailer on it.

For the $, I have to give the nod to OGSO. Produces the slickest results, second place to Clear Pearl. I like FI for cleanups of bird bombs and such.

imported_killerjg
01-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Use both, I think the carnuba is giving the extra slickness to OGSH. Like FI as a non carnuba.

Used FI on my BF this weekend, amazing slickness. I was very surprised, it reacts differently with BF.

waxinator
01-31-2002, 12:03 PM
Thanks men,

Got a gallon of show off so i think i`ll stick with it.

W

Chuckmotor
01-31-2002, 04:22 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Just read the darn label, it will say that it`s a quick detailer on it.

For the $, I have to give the nod to OGSO. Produces the slickest results, second place to Clear Pearl. I like FI for cleanups of bird bombs and such. [/b]</blockquote>
There is nothing on any of their bottles (that I have seen) that say blatantly that it is a "quick detailer." I have seen some E1 products at Wal-Mart, but I think most of them have carnauba, Teflon, or other indications that lead me to believe that they are not quick detailers. So, could someone be so kind to simply tell me the name of the Eagle One QD? Just read the darn label and tell me what it`s called!

Lone Wolf
01-31-2002, 07:24 PM
I think its called wet wipe n shine:rolleyes:

Don2000g
02-01-2002, 08:05 AM
Yup, that`s what it is called. My favorite quick detailers are:

1. Clear Pearl/Showoff

2. Zaino quick detailer

3. Wizzards Mist-n-shine

4 Eagle One quick detailer

I`m also a fan of using the Final Inspection for bug removal or bird debris removal. Laters

Lone Wolf
02-12-2002, 05:59 PM
I picked up a bottle of FI today to try. Ive been using OGSO with great results. First off the FI spray bottle is terrible...FI wipes off a little quicker than OGSO but doesn`t leave as slick a finish..To me, the OGSO leaves a much more glossy look than FI probably due to the carnuba content.

The only time the OGSO smeared was when I sprayed too much..if you spray very lightly and spread it out, it buffs out just as easy as FI. SOOO I guess I`m going to stick with the OGSO and use FI for bug/poop removal:D