PDA

View Full Version : Viking Wash Mitts

Pages : [1] 2

Pats300zx
01-29-2002, 06:12 PM
I picked up two (2) Viking Chenille Wash Mitts from Walmart today. I assummed that they were the 100% cotton ones. After getting home I called maufacturer only to discover they are RAYON !!!!:confused:

Well I just wanted to let everyone know about these. They are going back and I am going to try find the 100% cotton ones.

The Item#`s are 961800 and 961810

Lemonxxs
01-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Look at the picture on ABAY by DK...He has a picture of the 100% cotton ones.

imported_Wes
01-29-2002, 08:42 PM
The 100% cotton mitts has the cotton logo printed on the package and the word "100% Cotton" printed as well.

The one you got does not.

Incidently Walmart also has some 100% Cotton wash PAD by Vikings which is suppose to be the last batch of 100% cotton pads(those have "100% cotton printed but no cotton logo). They are switching to synthetic(Rayon) like the mitts you got.

Rob Howard
01-30-2002, 01:49 PM
The ones from autozone are the real deal!!! They are super, duper soft and I currently have about 6 of them and I am going to need more. The autozone near me has tons of them! They are the best! :xyxthumbs

Preachers Sheets
01-30-2002, 02:25 PM
I just use Royal Velvet towels in squares to wash my car, I feel they are the only product that will give me the "safer than sorry feel".

I use a white towel in squares to wash my car. I used to have a Viking mitt and my car was just as dirty as it always has been before it was washed... the towel always showed more dirt than the mitt and seemed to rinse better. Almost like I can see more of the dirt that was picked up and see exactly how much was rinsed off when I soaked the towel again.

MikeLS
01-30-2002, 02:27 PM
I got my Viking mitts from a local AutoZone a while back and they are great! I get a LOT less surface marring with these than with the syntheic mitts I`ve used in the past. I have not been back in a while though, so I don`t know if they are the real deal. Have to check next time...

:xyxthumbs

cahlroach
01-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

I have been to at least half a dozen AutoZone`s in the Atlanta area and none of them have the 100% cotton version.

BradE
01-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Depending on the region you might have trouble finding them. I can`t find the 100% cotton one`s locally either. DETAILKING had a group buy of them going on, and he said he had a few left. Send him an e-mail he may be able to help you out. user1456@hotmail.com (``)

imported_Greg
01-30-2002, 02:58 PM
DK`s mitts rock!!!! :up :up :up

imported_BretFraz
01-30-2002, 08:05 PM
DK`s Viking mitts are smaller than the NAPA ones I use but they are plusher and softer. Definitely a quality product. Order a few for yourself.

DETAILKING
01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
I am very happy with the viking hi quality mitt!

Langley Interior Car Kare
01-31-2002, 12:08 AM
Viking will wake up and get these damn mitts available online...they would clean up...til then we always have DK...:p

Don2000g
01-31-2002, 07:37 PM
Joed, most here would never wash a car with a towel. Not with any towel really. There`s no room for any of the dirt, debris, etc.. to go. This is why we use mitts. They are plush and soft and it has areas in between the hairs which allow for dirt to go.

Even if I were to dip a towel or rinse it very well with running water, I just can`t seem to get a towel very clean. The dirt STAYS THERE. It seems as though you would have to use quite a few towels and even then it`s not as safe as using a chenille mitt. Just a thought. Laters

imported_BretFraz
01-31-2002, 08:09 PM
Went to my local Autozone to buy a couple more Viking mitts (one can never have enough). First time I`ve been in an Autozone in years.

I was surprised they carried so many Viking products. All kinds of brushes, polishing cloths (basically cotton diapers), wool wash mitts, flannel cloths, those "pads on a pole" thingys to wash your RV or whatever, and of course chenille mitts............<strong class=`bbc`>but not 100& cotton. [/b]

Bummer!! The pole thingy was made of 100% cotton but the mitts didn`t say those magic words we all want to read on the label. Didn`t say "rayon" or anything about the blend. They looked and felt good, but if it`s doesn`t say 100% cotton on the packaging, it ain`t, so I didn`t buy.

I`ll keep looking. Between BOBG and I we`ll prolly cover all the Atlanta area Autozone`s.:D

imported_Wes
01-31-2002, 08:39 PM
bretfraz:

Walmart do carry the Viking wash PAD. My local Walmart has the 100% Cotton wash PAD still in stock.

I received email from Viking directly telling me that the 100% cotton PAD is being replaced with non-cotton synthetic pad starting Dec.01. So whatever stock is left on the street is what is left.

The cotton pad has "100% Cotton" stamped on it btw. Grab a couple to supplement your cotton mitts. They are smaller than mitts but works good for certain part of the car.

And if you check the product review the Napa mitts is low quality compared with Viking cotton mitts.

Actually I found the OEM counterpart of the NAPA mitts in my local Orchard Supply Hardware.