PDA

View Full Version : Klasse All in une used AS a QD

db2
01-26-2002, 10:40 PM
I have read this before, but it seemed like most people did not like AIO as a QD but i was reading this=Another great attribute of Klasse All-in-One is that it is water soluble in its liquid form. So all you have to do is take an empty and cleaned out 16 oz bottle and add 2-3 ounces of Klasse All-in-One and fill the bottle with water. Just shake and spray and wipe. This is great for giving your car or boat or plane or whatever that just waxed look and feel in 5-10 minutes and not waste the Klasse All-in-One.

jkochis
01-26-2002, 10:47 PM
The problem with using AIO is that it would strip off the SG if you used it.

I use SG mixed with water as you described. It restores slickness and shine, and doesnt strip anything. In fact it probably adds a very tiny extra layer of SG.

Try it, it works.

db2
01-26-2002, 10:51 PM
I use Meguiars FI #34 as my QD but will probably try SG mixed with water. Anyone else using SG and water as a QD?

vettefan67
01-26-2002, 11:30 PM
I plan to try it on the next couple of cars I detail, I will use it in between coats like Z6. However, it will not have the same lubricity as final inspection, so I would not use it to remove dust...then again I do not QD a car that has been driven unless it`s very very clean.

I`d use it after each wash, at least 20 mins before the next SG coat and would probably buff in between just in case.

BTW what happens if you have unbuffed KSG and apply more KSG on top (accidentally)? Just curious... it would probably depend on the moisture content of the applicator and the pressure with which you apply, right?

ADDED: It = KSG. I would not recommend QDing with AIO if you have anything on your car. Just doesnt sound like a good idea to spray solvent based stuff on your paint and leave it there...

What`s with this smiley? :sosad [/ADDED]

Don2000g
01-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Puterbum, you mention a very good point for not using AIO as a quick detailer. I wouldn`t do it on my car either. Perhaps a boat but not a car.

Phil Price
01-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Is SG water soluble? What would happen is you put a little SG in you non-caranauba QD?

mx5
01-28-2002, 11:14 AM
SG works great as a QD when mixed with water. It leaves a great shine by replenishing the SG coat on your car. The only problem is, it is not a slick as a regular QD. You may want to do this only right after washing your car, or when it is not too dusty or dirty to avoid scratching. Adding it to a non-carnauba QD should work well.

01-28-2002, 11:23 AM
Puterbum... I have applied more KSG over dried unbuffed KSG. nothing happens. It buffed off as normal. The reason I did it is because I went a little too thin on the hood and missed some spots. But man, yesterday the SG dried in 40 minutes! :up I parked it in the sun, and it was 56 out. I`m very impressed!