PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a "satisfied costumer investigation"?

Runaway-boy
01-25-2002, 07:21 PM
I reasently did an "investigation" of my costumars what they really thought about my detailing business. It was just a plain paper with some questions to ask. I basicly took the questions from the book "Costumars for life" by the american Carl Sewell (has a dealership in Dallas etc). I can really recomend that book for those who are interested in improving custumar service. Easy and fun to read too.

I wonder if any of you have done something simular?

It would be interesting to know what questions you asked and what the result was. There is no "Index" on our branch for this, what I know of anyway.

Scottwax
01-25-2002, 07:51 PM
My Dad gave me Sewell`s book when I started my business. I`ve never conducted a formal survey-94% of my business is repeat or referral, so I must be making people happy. In any event, I have never been able to keep help-it is either too hot or too cold for them, I don`t take enough breaks, etc. I do the work and deal with the customers so I get direct feedback without a survey.

BTW, you are right, the book is outstanding!

Turbonator
01-25-2002, 08:38 PM
scott took the words right out of my mouth. even the part about help - but now i`ve got a crew that`s pretty reliable. they don`t complain too much, considering i usually buy a dozen glazed donuts to start the day and if we get a chance, lunch too. a happy worker is a productive worker. fortunately it doesn`t take much to make a couple 18yr. olds happy - free food and a paycheck and they`re raring to go.:D

Lemonxxs
01-26-2002, 05:41 PM
SEWELL dealerships are the best in my book. The best customer service I will look for the book since I did not know he wrote one.

msmcdon
01-28-2002, 09:49 AM
Once I plan on getting my part-time summer detailing going, I am going to design a small mailable fedback postcard. They can either fill it out there or mail it back to me.... I won`t mind the cost of the stamp if it helps me improve me performance and customer retention.

Runaway-boy
01-28-2002, 11:09 AM
HG 65, I´ve tried the postcards but it was a mess and cost to much too. My tounghe got sour from all that licking.

We made a homepage on the web instead and wrote down our adress on the recit.

Actually we got three short questions on the recit as well that the costumar fills in while we drive out his car from the shop.

1) Is the envoice (lower than) (equal as) (higher than) the price we told you?

2) Was your car finnished at time? (yes) (no)

3) Are you satisfied with our work? (yes) (no)

On the site we have a more detailed survey with 38 questions. It is actually amazing that so many cares about answering those questions. 22 of 100 answer the questions on the site compared

with 12 of 100 on the postcards.

For me its an easy choice...I don´t want to feel the glue taste on my thounghe..:p

Brakedust
01-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Hej Runaway Boy, you get around the web as much as I do! This is BrianS from eForecourt.com - you posted up on my own little forum there last week!! This world is getting smaller and smaller!

I have a mobile service here in Dublin. I`d love to give my customers a survey to fill out in front of me. :mad: Me standing in front of them, looking all grumpy. That would be fun!!

Joking aside, a lot of my work comes through Word-of-Mouth so I know people are very satisfied with my work. I love that look on their face when they come back to the car. Gives me goosebumps!

Hej Da!! (I don`t have the characters on my keyboard to get that right!)

Brian

DaGonz
02-02-2002, 11:48 AM
I usually call the customer after a day or two after I`ve detailed their vehicle and speak to them personally.