PDA

View Full Version : does P21S carnuaba paste wax last?

31st330i
01-24-2002, 11:40 PM
so RH mentioned in another thread that P21S doesn`t last very long. I`ve also heard this from the folks at carcareonline.com. this is contrary to what I`ve heard other people say and to what has been posted at thewaxtest.com. can someone comment further regarding the durability? :confused:

db2
01-25-2002, 12:56 AM
It seem to last a month to two months on my former garage queen. you cant go wrong with a sealant trust me

DETAILKING
01-25-2002, 01:05 AM
I would only use it for a garage queen. THE wax test had above average results because they put it on a panel and that was it. Driving degrades the wax quicker, so maybe it will last a month if you apply it and dont drive anywhere.........

For a daily commuter, use a sealant for optimum durability.

waxinator
01-25-2002, 02:10 PM
topper over Collinite MDE and Blitz. Kind of like a

paste QD once a week. No need to apply all over

the place. Just a few streaks every square yard or so

and quickly buff it in with MF towel. [no wait time at each panel]

A little goes a long way. Takes 5 mins or so.

Looks like the car is covered with ice.

Well worth the extra step.

Wax

truvette
01-25-2002, 02:30 PM
P21S is well worth your while if you are commited to applying a wax once a month at least. Most people are turned off by this due to busy schedules and not wanting to have to reapply wax. If this is your situation, then go with a sealant. On the other hand, I am a wax addict so I find nothing more comforting then wax my black beauty. Nothing beats a carnauba shine! I simply apply a sealant then top it with my favorite carnauba. Simply awesome! :cool:

Buds
01-25-2002, 03:36 PM
So far, P21S wax has lasted since late October (or early Nov.) for me on my daily driver. All I have done to maintain it has been to wash once a week (if I can) and use EF Clear Pearl for QD. It still looks great water beads nicely.

tom p.
01-25-2002, 10:02 PM
very good product, easy to work with, no bad odors, lacking in longevity.

miguelgf
01-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Well - are we comparing P21S` durability to other carnaubas or to polymer sealants?

If we`re doing the former - I`ve had it on for almost two weeks, in crummy weather (snow, salt, rain) - and it`s held up remarkably well. Of course - two weeks isn`t a long time - but in comparison to other waxes I`ve used, it`s pretty good (especially when you take into consideration the ease of application).

If you`re comparing it to polymers - forget it. No contest.

31st330i
01-26-2002, 01:44 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JohnN [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>If you`re comparing it to polymers - forget it. No contest. [/b]</blockquote>I`m probably going to try a polymer.

tom p.
01-26-2002, 07:22 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 31st330i [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
I`m probably going to try a polymer. [/b]</blockquote>
If you are concerned about longevity and don`t want to wax monthly, pick another product. There are other products available that offer a nice gloss with far superior lifespan.

I really could not recommend P21S for a daily driver....that just makes no sense at all. The P21S is an excellent product and is fairly priced. It is best used on a car that is garaged all the time.

db2
01-26-2002, 02:24 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 31st330i [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
I`m probably going to try a polymer. [/b]</blockquote>Have you decieded on a paticular polymer?

31st330i
01-26-2002, 02:34 PM
I was about 90% convinced to go with zaino but then I discovered that meguair`s offers a polymer in #20. I`ll probably go with that if I don`t come up with a convincing reason to go with zaino. meguiar`s told me that medallion was a polymer/carnauba blend and that it`s their best, longest lasting product (that and #20 but he said that #20 was a step down). he mentioned that #20 was probably a little better on white cars than medallion (he has a white car and volunteered this info before I told him that I have two white cars). see my posts in thread on #20.

db2
01-26-2002, 02:45 PM
I used #20, Iliked it but never used medallion,keep me posted if you use medallion,i switched to Klasse and love it because no residue left on trim and its great slickness and shine way more than when i used #20 on my last garage queen

31st330i
01-26-2002, 02:50 PM
I use medallion now and like it very much. my only complaint is the white residue on the mouldings. but I`ve heard peanut butter takes it right off. I`ll try at some point this weekend as I have a few spots to remove (have been too lazy lately to use masking tape).

db2
01-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Try Klasse no residue:up :up :up :) :) :)