PDA

View Full Version : California Car Cover Co. - What Do You Think?

old_gonzo
01-24-2002, 07:31 PM
I`m thinking of purchasing a car cover from this company, but would like to know if anyone has any experience with them, good or bad.

Basically looking for feedback on the quality of their covers, the performance, fit, etc. Thanks!:D

BradE
01-24-2002, 08:12 PM
articwhite,

I ordered my WeatherShield cover from them. The experience was O.K. But I was not that happy with the cover. It`s not waterproof like them claim, I get water under it with a moderate rain fall. The fit is O.K., but I feel for almost $400 it could fit better. Most of their covers are pre-made for specific make and model cars. If you are going to get a true custom cover be prepared for a huge bill.

On my orginal order they messed it up. My Town car has the Lincoln hood ornament on the grille, but they did not have a pocket for it on the cover, so I had to send it back. The gave me alittle bit of the runaround at first, but when ask to speak to the manager they resolved the problem.

TazmanSS
01-24-2002, 09:20 PM
My experience with them is pretty much "ho hum". I`ve bought from them once in the past and the customer service was not very good. I then visited their location in LA thinking it would be better.. not the case.

For my Black SC430, I bought one from HeavenForCars.com and couldn`t be any happier. I specified black cotton without any logos or stiching and everything arrived perfect and quickly.

Others over at ClubLexus.com have had the same experience.

imported_doug
01-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Bought two covers from them - one noah, one soft-weave - no problems.

old_gonzo
01-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Interesting, I have never heard of that site before. Thanks for the heads-up on that company, I will check it out.

(The softweave is actually one of the materials that I am considering.:) )

islesun
01-26-2002, 03:57 PM
Gene,

What do you mean by not having the stiching done?

I visited their sight and I like the Ultra Sheild. I am totally dizzy, my eyes are buggy, looking at all the car covers there are. It is totally amazing. I have even had retailers email me about car covers not even on the market yet, like the Max-2.

I need to make a decision real quick before I get a divorce LOL.

I am also looking at HeavenForCars seat covers, they look great. As much as I like my Honda CR-V, the seat fabric does not look like it will hold up. It is one sheet of fabric instead of woven material.

Oh man, my Platnum charge card is quickly approaching Titanium. Spending way too much :(

Jonbth
01-26-2002, 04:10 PM
I ordered a Noah cover from them. It was hassle free and didn`t take very long to arrive to me and it fits my car like a glove.

Jngrbrdman
01-26-2002, 05:12 PM
I would imagine that if you bought a Noah car cover from them that it would fit your car just as would if you bought it from another company. California Car Cover co. seems to be on the high end as far as pricing goes. You could possibly do better on the price but I know what they carry is top quality.

old_gonzo
01-26-2002, 05:39 PM
I think what Gene means is that all covers are available with the "Heaven For Cars" logo embroidered on the nose of the cover. You can have it with or without.

I did check out their Web Site (very cool) and they are now sending out a few samples of material to me. Awesome.:)